Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Small 700c Tri-Bike Fit Suggestions
Quote | Reply
I'm input on fit issues or fit concerns when looking at small framed 700c tribikes.

There are 3 different types of bike shops in the area, none of which are experts in tri-specific fit knowledge. One fits on store stock, the other fits by a novice, and the third fits like an European Pro Road team (my favorite shop & great work).

I'd like to stay with 700c wheels (already own race wheels & have tried 78 02 650c Tiphoon w/ no success); I need a small frame 50-53 (I ride 5500 50cm road bike w/ clip-ons).

If any of the experience fitters have seen issues or already know of issues it would be appreciated or have ideas... you get the idea.

John

PS. For those looking, QR is selling smaller 700c frames in US for 04.
Quote Reply
Re: Small 700c Tri-Bike Fit Suggestions [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'd like to stay with 700c wheels .... I need a small frame 50-53 "

Have a good look at Cervelo. The P2K is available in 52 cm with 700c and the Dual 700c sizes begin at 51 cm.
Quote Reply
Re: Small 700c Tri-Bike Fit Suggestions [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elite Bicycles is my personal favorite and they makes a 700c 53cm Tri-bike in both of there stock models (they run small), You can also get a 700c frame made custom by them in a smaller size if you need.

Trust
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just fit a rider to an Orbea Chrono with similar dimensions to what you are currently using.

The Chrono from Orbea in size small has 700c wheels, 107mm head tube, 76 degree seat tube, adn a 53cm top tube.

He was riding a 51cm Lemond.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
           Take a look at the Guru Racelite (www.gurubikes.com) in woman's sizing. I'll bet it could be just what you are loking for in a tri frame. My wife is looking for a new bicycle right now and is looking at the Kestral Talon SL and the Trek OCLV,in size 52 both of which need a reversed seatpost to get to 75 degrees, but the Guru seams to nail her size right on the nose.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 50cm top tube 2003 700c TiPhoon custom for sale frame only

76.6 degree seat angle

that would be great if you are interested

Non intregrated head tube

non track style dropouts
Quote Reply
Re: Small 700c Tri-Bike Fit Suggestions [chig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chig,