Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gatorade Scoop Size
Quote | Reply
I lost the scoop that comes with the Gatorade powder. I remember 1 scoop being enough to make 32 oz. Anyone have any idea the size of that scoop? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Scoop Size [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hwangnyc wrote:
I lost the scoop that comes with the Gatorade powder. I remember 1 scoop being enough to make 32 oz. Anyone have any idea the size of that scoop? Thanks!

Google told me to go here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=3649809
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a spoon and go by taste.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is 1 scoop = 2 tbsps

Or I could be wrong based on that other post.

Ian
Last edited by: tkos: Apr 14, 15 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Scoop Size [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's Google? Thanks for the link!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hwangnyc wrote:

Losing the scoop was an act of God.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good question - just measured and it's 4 Tablespoons (US) More than I thought.
On a sad note - Costco (which has the absolute best price on Gatorade) has just put out their stock for the summer. Once again, like last year, they are only stocking that God Awful Blue crap. No Orange -no Lemon Lime - No fruit Punch just Blue Death. I can only guess that they think it appeals to kids and that they are the market. I've never seen an adult voluntarily drink it, but I've seen a few barf it at races! Next best price I've found is Walmart but they only carry the smaller 3 lb. size.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Scoop Size [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always been able to find the big tubs in 4 sizes at walmart (~$8.50), but like you, can only get the good costco deal in blue.
Too bad too, I drink enough of the stuff that we would save enough to pay about 2/3rds of the annual membership. (I put one big scoop per 22oz bottle. I like it a bit strong.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I checked last week. The scoop in the can I purchased in January of 2021 is 60 ml, which is roughly four tablespoonsful. As one scoop is supposed to be mixed in 32 ounces, (about 960 ml), that makes the conversion rate 1.875 ml to each ounce of water. Waiting for the comments about the likelihood of measuring out 1.875 ml of a grainy powder... Go ahead...
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Scoop Size [JJDevlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JJDevlin wrote:
I checked last week. The scoop in the can I purchased in January of 2021 is 60 ml, which is roughly four tablespoonsful. As one scoop is supposed to be mixed in 32 ounces, (about 960 ml), that makes the conversion rate 1.875 ml to each ounce of water. Waiting for the comments about the likelihood of measuring out 1.875 ml of a grainy powder... Go ahead...

Off topic: I calibrate medical equipment. One of the calibration tools I use is a gram scale. I also carry bags of bicarbonate powder for calibration. The box is labelled but the single dose bags are not. We don't carry the 68 lbs. box just a bag or two of a white powdery substance. Thankfully I haven't been pulled over in 15 ish years.

On topic: Y'all still drink gatorade? Is it because its the official drink of Ironman? Train like you fight? I cant handle it. Sugar bomb stomach cramps that wreck me and I can consume some crap for sure but gatorade kills me.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Scoop Size [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only very rarely. When I do, it is half strength, (primarily because of the sugar load). It is relatively easy to make a bulk electrolyte powder with table salt, salt replacement (potassium chloride), baking soda (sodium bicarb). Working in a complex carb for the long runs or rides is a much more involved topic, (one which I certainly don't have the answers for - only my own pseudoscientific voodoo-based recipes).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it on long bike trips to reduce the number of gels I have to bring by 50%, since it's available at all convenience stores. Never had any stomach issues with it, but I always chase it with water. If I'm sweating a lot, it's just not enough water:carb for me, but that has nothing to do with their carb formula
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use a food scale?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sticking with Gatorade for longer rides. I buy the red powdered version from Walmart or Smart and Final. Nowadays I just eyeball a half-scoop into my water bottles so it's not super heavy. I'll throw in some maltodextrin as well if I'm going to be out for awhile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their scoop was 52 g by my scale....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply