Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for cycling jacket
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a jacket to wear while out on the bike. Every outer layer I have at the moment is fairly bulky so I'd like something fitted through the waist/hips and reasonably long at the back. Rain and wind proofness would be nice too. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for cycling jacket [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Castelli makes some fitted jackets, though I will say I have no experience with them other than seeing them on websites.

Click here.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Thanks. We're passing through Calgary tomorrow and their MEC seems better stocked for bike wear so I think we'll plan a stop there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out teamestrogen.com They have lots of jackets. You can also call and they will help you with the specifics for their jackets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The louis garneau glacier has been great in the winter for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally a huge fan of my Castelli Gabba long sleeve jersey. It's designed like the men's, windproofing and some nice water resistance, plus I find that it paired with a long sleeve baselayer is warm enough for a variety of conditions (I've worn down into the 40-50F range, with additional neck and head warmers, etc., but that is about the for me before I need more layering). It's very svelte and not bulky, and functions like a jacket without the bulk - you may want to look into it. It is pricey, though, but I managed to nab a deal on Competitive Cyclist a few months ago.

When it gets colder, I have a Giordana jacket that I layer on top. I believe it's their Silverline jacket. Bulkier, but man is it beefy. However, if you need its awesome wind-blocking/warming power, you probably have enough layers on that you won't notice the extra bulk. I also got mine a size larger so it would sit comfortably over my other layers - you could try one at size instead.

Hope that helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for cycling jacket [snazzyray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for your suggestions. I landed up getting the full-sleeved Castelli Velo Vest (in the brightest orange ever) and the Cromo Jersey. I don't ride outside when it's really cold (mainly because of the accompanying snow and ice) and I'm hoping this combo, with baselayers, will get me through the colder spring/fall riding days.
Quote Reply