Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:
For oils, just be careful about which oil to use for which case. Different oil have different oxidation rates which means some are more recommended for salad dressings and low heat, whilst others are recommended for deep frying.

Right, from what I understand, the very high levels of saturated fat in coconut oil make it quite resistant to oxidation, so good for cooking with.
Quote Reply
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [albatrossman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By jove, you're correct. I had misremembered. Deep fry away :)
Quote Reply
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to gain more and more weight, then you have to change your diet by adding some organic and healthy food in your daily routine. I also used to follow this routine and gain 15 kg weight in month.
Make a habit of drinking milk as it is having fat and protein. By adding milk in your routine you will also be able to build muscle.
Recent studies says. A cup of rice contain 200 calories in it. It is said to be good source of getting carbohydrates. Nuts and nut butter is also would help you out for gaining weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
albatrossman wrote:
I have had problems in previous years with weight loss during the season. I'm 5'11" and usually sit around 140-145lbs during the winter, but end up dropping to low 130's when really training. I'm trying to put some extra focus this year on stopping my weight from going that low.

So I'm eating lots of eggs, nuts, avocado, and peanut butter. My question is what other healthy high calorie/high fat foods should I be including in my diet?

I'd appreciate any input from any other skinny athletes out there. Thanks!

If you are wanting to put weight on you need to stop it with the high fat foods and up the protein and carbs.

Have your usual breakfast but add a slice of toast and jam.
Lunch add a hand full of mixed nuts.
Snack on dried fruit, especially dried mango.

The easiest way to put more weight on is to eat more bread.

You don't have to go mad, just add a few small things to your usual diet.
Quote Reply
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [RichardPage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardPage wrote:
If you want to gain more and more weight, then you have to change your diet by adding some organic and healthy food in your daily routine. I also used to follow this routine and gain 15 kg weight in month.
Make a habit of drinking milk as it is having fat and protein. By adding milk in your routine you will also be able to build muscle.
Recent studies says. A cup of rice contain 200 calories in it. It is said to be good source of getting carbohydrates. Nuts and nut butter is also would help you out for gaining weight.

You do know that you're replying 4.5 years later right... lol

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because we live in a world now where people like to sham foods, which is why we have such a terrible diet culture now. Everyone basis themselves on extremes of good or bad.

Sugar is not bad, too much is.

Alcohol is not bad, too much is.

Dieting is not bad, too extreme is.

Moderation people. Make is simple, don't overthink. Food is to be enjoyed for pleasure, it's the holidays. Have an extra cookie, eat a pizza if you want, whatever, just don't do it too much and eat healthy real foods 80-90% of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
A good pizza, broken down to the constituents, is pretty much bread with tomatoes and cheese. For the life of me I don't understand why people make it out as the devil. It's as good a pre-race meal as the traditional pasta dinner, and I enjoy both in copious quantities.

It's the quality of the ingredients that make a difference. Pizza and burgers can be great, healthy choices if you eat from the right source.
I was thinking exactly the same.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While doing workout daily and other training sessions building muscles is a big challenge which i faced, I was looking for ways to build my muscles from natural food. The thing which helped me most is to follow a custom diet plan and maintaining other lifestyle healthy activities. I've added eggs, salmon, greek yogurt and many other foods in my diet, you can see the list of foods for building muscles here https://www.aqfsports.com/...at-for-muscle-growth . But i've experienced that everything is connected with each other, like you must be focused on all aspects of your life to achieve your fitness goals.
Last edited by: charles65: Jul 1, 20 22:45
Quote Reply
Re: Food for weight maintenance/gain [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Because we live in a world now where people like to sham foods, which is why we have such a terrible diet culture now. Everyone basis themselves on extremes of good or bad.

Sugar is not bad, too much is.

Alcohol is not bad, too much is.

Dieting is not bad, too extreme is.

Moderation people. Make is simple, don't overthink. Food is to be enjoyed for pleasure, it's the holidays. Have an extra cookie, eat a pizza if you want, whatever, just don't do it too much and eat healthy real foods 80-90% of the time.

I've felt for a while now that our public-facing message on food/nutrition in the US is way too centered on what specific foods to eat / not eat, "eat this, oh god don't ever eat that" etc. Body weight isn't everything of course concerning general health, but if the goal is weight loss/maintenance/gain, energy balance is king there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add something else to consider - fuel your workouts. By that, I mean consuming more calories before, during, and after your workouts than you would ordinarily. This doesn't necessarily mean consuming excessive carbs- for example, before a long Z2 ride, you can consume some high fat and protein food (e.g. nuts, eggs, etc.) and still get many of the fat-burning benefits on those rides. For high intensity work, increase your carb intake before and especially during the workout, even with fast-releasing carbs from bars or sports nutrition. In both cases, you don't have to gorge yourself, but add more proteins and fats (along with complex carbs) to your meals after workouts to naturally make them more calories dense.

This should help you 3 ways- first, you won't generate as much of a calories deficit during your workouts, which should help you maintain weight. Second, especially if you push the calories intake, you'll be able to train your body to digest more food during workouts, which is extremely beneficial for long races. Third, you'll be able to execute higher quality workouts (and burn more calories by maintaining higher intensities) from proper fueling, particularly in your intense workouts (sweet spot and above).
Quote Reply

Prev Next