Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wahoo KICKR- Portable Ideas (Battery/Car 12volt??) [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having the same issues as you, and need portable battery, let me know how it works and for how long you're able to last on a charge. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR- Portable Ideas (Battery/Car 12volt??) [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
ahh.... I seem to remember watching TV on camping trips as a kid. You might not know what "TV" or "camping" are but basically we plugged a 110v box that showed moving pictures into an adapter that plugged into the "cigarette lighter" in the car.

Cigarette lighters are these things in cars that you would press in and it would use the car battery to make a coil hot which which you could light your cigarette. For some reason.
What's a cigarette?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR- Portable Ideas (Battery/Car 12volt??) [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You could use one of these. Other companies make similar options. Charge it off your car while you drive.

https://www.goalzero.com/shop/portable-power/

A Honda generator is super duper quiet. The EU line is about as quiet as a wheel on trainer.

https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators

If you got the inverter route you will need to check with Wahoo to see if you need a Pure Sine Wave Inverter or the cheaper one. Cheaper inverters put out "dirty" power which is fine if you're running a drill or jack hammer but electronics typically require a pure sine wave "clean" power inverter.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR- Portable Ideas (Battery/Car 12volt??) [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScoutMac187 wrote:
If you got the inverter route you will need to check with Wahoo to see if you need a Pure Sine Wave Inverter or the cheaper one. Cheaper inverters put out "dirty" power which is fine if you're running a drill or jack hammer but electronics typically require a pure sine wave "clean" power inverter.

I was going to comment on this, so thanks for saving me the time.

Plugging power bricks in to a non-sine wave inverter can significantly shorten their life.
Quote Reply

Prev Next