Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA CalPak to Shiv Fuelselage Customization [prenbach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has there been any success in printing a copy of the deep CalPac as used on Carfrae's Kona bike?
Not keen on the original Felt cover on my IA1, but I don't want to waste the space in the frame, as a good stash point for nutrition...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA CalPak to Shiv Fuelselage Customization [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did consider such a design, but I never followed through because of it turning out to be prohibitively expensive. For example, I would estimate that printing at Shapeways would be 300 USD or more.

Felt IA Calpac mods on Shapeways:
800ml Specialized Fuelselage (XS/S)
1000ml Specialized Fuelselage (M/L/XL)
DIY cover
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA CalPak to Shiv Fuelselage Customization [Fluc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can get the cost down I guarantee you there are a lot of us looking for that storage solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA CalPak to Shiv Fuelselage Customization [gbernau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this thread is old, but I just ordered one. I was riding yesterday and when I got back home I noticed my cover was gone. I guess I lost it on the ride, it just gave me a excuse to get this. Any updates on how these are holding up?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA CalPak to Shiv Fuelselage Customization [funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a IA10 in 51 and a IA14 in 54 & 56.

Has this been tested on all of these yet or does it need to be tested on them still?

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be happy to print these for people.

I only have a 54 to test on though.

What format are your current files in? I'd be willing to send you some additional bucks to cover what you'd make off of some Shapeways prints to be able to get these into more people's hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered it for my Felt IA16 54CM. I reinforced the Calpac cover, 'cuz I know I'd abuse it from sitting on it. I'm not a gentle guy. Lol. Anyways, the mod works great. I'm in Imperial Beach Cali. I ordered my Shiv Fuelselage from 2 Wheels Cycling Boutique (I couldn't find it available online). Big shout out to Christian and his crew!
Anyway, I used Gorillas epoxy to reinforce the inside of the cover. I also picked up the bolts and nuts at Home Depot. Pictures with part numbers. Nope. Pics too big?
This is my first post. I may have to edit. Thanks for letting my stalk this site. Lol

Racing IMSR May 12 & IMPh June 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Fluc,
You have done amazing work. I saw your product on Shapeways. I have IA | ADVANCED | FORCE ETAP AXS | 2020 in size 54. Unfortunately, no shops have the Shiv Fuelselage in Medium at this time. So I have two questions.
1. Can I order your 800 ml solution and Shiv's small fuelselage (which is available in few places)? Will your 800 ml solution fit my 54cm bike?
2. Can you guide me how to get a Shiv Fuelselage in Med/Large size?
3. Will your 1000 ml solution work with Shiv's small fuelselage?
Thanks and great work!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA CalPak to Shiv Fuelselage Customization [sameerather] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there, and thanks for the compliment! I don't know the latest on Fuelselage availability, as I'm also not affiliated with Specialized in any way. So I can't really help you out there.

But I can clarify your other questions: yes, you can also work with the 800ml Fuelselage. You just need to make sure you get the appropriate Calpac cover for it (the flat one). If you get the 1000ml cover your Fuelselage won't sit well in the frame. That is because of the vertical distance between the bladder's cover and the intersection between top tube and down tube on the Felt IA, which determines how high the fuelselage is supposed to sit.

Best of luck!

Felt IA Calpac mods on Shapeways:
800ml Specialized Fuelselage (XS/S)
1000ml Specialized Fuelselage (M/L/XL)
DIY cover
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello and awesome work!
I've been trying to get in touch with you but the shapeways website always gives me an error message. I have a 2020 58cm Felt ia, and wanted to get a cover but maybe not lose all the nutrition space? Have you tried that? Fitting 2 gels would already be great. I already have the 1000ml fuelselage. Also, I'm overseas so wanted to check how we could make it work... Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I have messaged you this morning directly through the shapeways sites.
Looks like a great product.

Could the plastic be lightly sanded and painted to color match the bike?

Can anyone confirm if they have used this mod with di2? I use the stock Felt box towards the front of the box for my wires and large junction Di2 box.
I am ready to move forward if anybody has had success with the di2.

Thank you.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
https://strava.app.link/HoaJ6fq5AHb
Last edited by: brad.bischoff: Mar 5, 24 11:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next