Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CYFAC bikes anyone?
Quote | Reply
Specifically, I need opinions re the CLM frame and or bike.

Any other info would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: CYFAC bikes anyone? [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my training partner rides a custom cyfac tt bike. he loves it. i like the fact that its a quality bike that you dont see all over the place like cervelo or trek or qr or softride etc. he went through a lengthy correspondence with the maker in france to get all the fit done right which is also pretty cool. the welds on the frame are spotless - much prettier than the welds on my p3 frame. If you have specific questions i can pass them along to my buddy but i know he rates it highly. Have you also checked out calfee?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i recently read somewhere (it's killing me i can't remember) some stuff about CYFAC and tony deboom. he was saying that before he got sponsored by QR he was sponsored by CYFAC he said his "sponsorship" was just a discount. he felt that they were some of the best bikes built. he said he liked them so much he was paying for them (unlike most pro's) and he said his discount wasn't that great. as opposed to riding whatever was free from whoever.

*at veloswap this year talked to a guy who bought one of tony deboom's cyfac's with full dura ace for 1400 it was brand new.......

luke
Quote Reply
Re: CYFAC bikes anyone? [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most bike companies will do such a pro deal (I got one myself for a TREK 5200 thru my LBS). A lot of roadies with connections do this. I'm presently looking for sponsorship for a TT bike, and if they are good enough for David Millar....

BTW, I like the Calfee, but not aero enough for my purposes (fully dedicated TT bike to win the Provincials on next season).

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: CYFAC bikes anyone? [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I can't remember"

I saw an article like that a little while back in an AmericanTri issue. Might be the same one, if not, the review in it is worth reading.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a nice view of the back of a Cyfac courtesy of Kevin Gingras at Blue Devil this year. Do a search of the site and you should see some posts from him regarding his feelings on the bike.

P.S. I don't think Millar was riding a Cyfac for his worlds TT win this year. It was done on some custom carbon bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a custom CYFAC around 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier. The workmanship on the bike is better than any standard manufactured fram I have seen. Many people look at it and think that it is carbon because the welds are that smooth. The ride is great and the fit is perfect.

If you go this route, expect to spend a long amount of time going through the fitting process. It takes time corresponding back and forth with france. I think that this might be easier now that Veloeuropa is involved and they are located in the states.

Make sure that you already have all your equipment picked out for the bike. THis is criticial, unlike a standard fit where you pick the components that help get you into the correct position on the frame, here you are building the frame with pre-specified equipment to put you in the correct position.

I could not be happier with my frame. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Neal Dunn
Quote Reply