Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is a 4 yr old Calfee Luna-Tri w/ Dura Ace/Ultegra mix worth?
Quote | Reply
I'm considering selling my Calfee tri bike because 1) it has never fit me quite right and 2) I'd really like to use the money to buy a mtn. bike.

The bike is 4 years old, great condition, about 4,000 miles, Bontrager Race Lite 650 wheels, never crashed or abused. I'm not a mechanic, but I keep my bikes clean and lubed and get a professional tune up annually.

BUT, there are very few Calfee's sold or listed on ebay so I'm not sure of its value. I paid $3,200 for it. My guess is I'd get $1500 to $2000 for it on ebay. Any thoughts?
THANKS!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What is a 4 yr old Calfee Luna-Tri w/ Dura Ace/Ultegra mix worth? [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are probably accurate. Calfee is not a common bike found on ebay (or here), although I have some familiarity because I have a bad neck and therefore adore carbon :-) If you are patient, you may get a bit more. You might try posting it on here and a few other tri classified sites before going to ebay. Who knows, maybe I'll buy it!

brother bonk
Quote Reply
Re: What is a 4 yr old Calfee Luna-Tri w/ Dura Ace/Ultegra mix worth? [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been watching high-end bikes on ebay for a while now. You are almost certain to get less than it is really worth because it does not have the name everyone knows. Do a search for Waterford or Serotta, or better yet Yaqui. Then look how many did not meet reserve or sold for some seriously low price. I remember a Yaqui frame that sold for about 300 dollars a few months ago and a Serotta CSi that sold for about 600. I would try roadbikereview.com first. More discriminating bike consumers there. Now, if you have a 3 year old Cannondale or Specialized to sell you'll probably get more than original retail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May be interested. What is the size. Is it 10 speed or 9 speed. What type of cranks.

Thanks, Mick
Quote Reply
Re: What is a 4 yr old Calfee Luna-Tri w/ Dura Ace/Ultegra mix worth? [runmick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mick,
It is a 54, 9 speed. The cranks are ultegra. I'll take measurements tonight and finally learn how to post pictures on ST and put up more info on the specifics in the next day or so. I live in Spokane in case you're anywhere near here and want to see it.
Quote Reply
Re: What is a 4 yr old Calfee Luna-Tri w/ Dura Ace/Ultegra mix worth? [runmick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mick (and anyone else..)

If this Calfee isn't the right fit, you might look on Calfee's website. I was on today to verify that my measurements were right and found that they have a forum. I didn't spend enough time on it to see if it has a classified section, but it might be worth looking if someone really wants a Calfee.

Here are the specs on my bike.
Size = 54
Top tube = 55.5
Wheesl = Bontrager Race Lite 650's
Headset = Cane Creek S2
Aerobars = Syntace (it says C2 on the armrest pads)
Cranks = Ultegra
Seatpost = American Classic
Brakes = Ultegra
Front der. = Dura Ace
Rear der. = Dura Ace
Saddle = Vision FSA (Selle San Marco Gel Aspide branded as a Vision FSA)

I'm 5'10" with a 32 inseam and the top tube is too long for me on this bike.

I'll try to post pictures this weekend, my schedule is nuts so it could take a few days. It is green with a dark green fade.

-Colin
Quote Reply