Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Off Topic: Veteran's Day Pfc. Lynch interview. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS -- there's some debate on this thread on how the broader mission looks to Iraqis themselves (gee, maybe THAT'S relevant?!?).

IE: whether or not they are relieved to be rid of Hussein's regime -- despite the near-term hardships, and notwithstanding their deep skepticism of our initial stated motives.

If you want the factual answer (not journalists' hunches) -- based on a scientific, probability-based, in-home poll of nearly 1200 Baghdad residents -- see "Was Ousting Saddam Worth It?" link here: http://www.cpa-iraq.org/...llup_Disclaimer.html

For other broader poll findings -- attitudes towards U.S. troops, security situation, etc. -- go here (see Gallup poll findings at right): www.cpa-iraq.org Caveat: fieldwork was done late August and early September, but you get the gist at that point at least. Also incudes a description of how the poll was done.

This is an independent project we paid for ourselves (we're employee-owned) -- not connected to the US Govt. or the CPA -- which I've spent the last four months directing, both here and in Iraq. -- RB
Last edited by: alpedhuez: Nov 16, 03 17:52
Quote Reply
Re: Off Topic: Veteran's Day Pfc. Lynch interview. [tri_larry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larry,

To avoid getting assigned another history lesson (which, by the way, I didn't complete--but I did do some pushups--you know how us simple jarheads are!!) I did find something in your post I could agree with:

"My right to question (and criticize) the opinions, actions, perceptions and conclusions, of you or anyone else, military or civilian, is not something that is granted by either the Constitution or the Patriot Act"

You are 100% correct. As our funding fathers stated in the Declaration of Independence, our creator endowed us with that unalienable right.

Semper Fi

BC
Quote Reply
Re: The Truth [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob: thanks very much for posting this analysis by Anthony Cordesman -- very interesting stuff.

For a similarly thoughtful earlier analysis by him (equally pointed, but pretty much right on the money) see also:

http://www.arabialink.com/GulfWire/GWP_2003_08_22.htm
Quote Reply

Prev Next