Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road Bike Sizing
Quote | Reply
Right now, I have a 58cm Specialized allez e5. However, I've never been quite happy with the fit. Compared to the team bike I was on last year, even with a -17 (slammed) stem, my bars are 2cm higher. I'm trying to figure out if I should be on a smaller frame, or if I go to a different bike- particularly looking at the caad10 black inc frame, if I should downsize to a 56? My height is about 6'2" or 6'3". Inseam is roughly 35-36". Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Sizing [Ohiocyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike has a tall stack relative to its reach, something like caad 10 is built around a different philosophy so I don't think you necessarily need to go down a frame size. You should just get yourself a proper bike fitting to figure this out though.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Sizing [Ohiocyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before making any recommendations about sizing or fitting I want to know what you want to do with the Bike. If you want to do crits down sizing the fame wont help. you will want a shorter stem for a quicker response at the sprint . Besides comfort any issues with bike handling? What's your front to back weight ratio? then there is the issue of bar width. This is more complicated the a few line on a page can help answer. Find someone you can work with and get fit right.
Happy

Happy
Quote Reply