Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
big holiday week :-) How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 22 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: (1) swim at least 2500 yards today (Monday) done (2) swim 5x total over the course of the week swam 4x (3) at least one bike trainer or roller session nope

I had an okay week. It is great to be home, but holiday food has been stressful for me.

M: 8 mi run + 3200 yd swim
T: 5.3 mi run + 2550 yd swim
W: 10.3 mi run
T: 4.7 mi run + 3800 yd swim
F: 12 mi run + 1 hr yoga
S: 8 mi run + 1025 yd swim
S: 9 mi run w/ 5k @ 7:12 pace + 25 min stair master

totals 11,025 yd swim + 57.3 mi run

Goals for this week
1. No bingeing. DISTRACT myself if I feel the urge! I can read, work on presents, clean, do Dutch vocab...
2. Take a day off from running. Keep total miles less than or equal to 50
3. Swim at least 15k... I am trying to hit 365 miles for the year in the water and I really need to up the swim yards if that is going to happen.
4. bike at least once

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm feeling pretty good. Christmas shopping is done - just need to finish baking & wrapping (my favourite parts - so it's only fun from here on out!)

Met my goals last week. Did all 3 runs, although I traded trainer time for skating with the family.

This week - not off to a great start, I packed all my stuff to run at lunch - except my shoes. I'm pretty sure that Santa (aka the husband) got me a treadmill for Christmas, so soon I shall have ZERO excuses to not get the workouts done. Aiming for 3 runs & some outside fun.

Merry Christmas/happy holidays to everyone!! May there be good food/friends/family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: WIN & got the 50+km in I wanted (51.8)
Bike x 3: WIN though 1 was just a noodle around to check out Christmas lights
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Stop eating like an asshole: FAIL.

This week's goals:
Run x 3
Core/strength x 3

Leaving it at that.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Luckily I've been pretty sick so the appetite has been non-existant.

I feel the binging will be coming - I love that phrase & may have to do some serious self-talk to "stop eating like an asshole".
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 22 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Stop eating like an asshole" - can we get t-shirts printed up with that on it? I just got back from our fire hall supper which consisted of pizza and fried chicken so I think I need the reminder.

Last week I managed 3 swims, 3 runs and 1 bike. I did one session of yoga which just made me realise I should do more but trying to cram it all in is so hard. I would've run and biked more but we went skiing (downhill) and I struggle to ski all day and then work out afterwards - my legs just don't cooperate.

This week: bike x 3, run x 6, swim x 3. Already done one swim and my "long run". Pool closures mean my swimming will all be front-loaded this week and I'll save the bikes for the end of the week when the other half will be on call and out of the house.

I am hosting Christmas for a couple of people from the fire department. Sat down to plan the menu yesterday and realised that this will be the first time I'm in charge of most of it (I delegated bringing the beer); it came as news to me that a turkey takes two days to defrost!

@edbikebabe - a treadmill! Have you got a space picked out for it?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 22 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our basement is full of junk - but there is room for it down there. Might be the incentive I need to accept we aren't having another kid & start purging the baby stuff. We actually have a "workout room", but with trainers/rollers/all our bikes & other assorted athletic gear there's no room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's my fall back week, so I'm not stressing about working out. The fam is coming to mine for Chrimbo which is awesome (yay, control freaks!) so I'm excited to get my roast on.

Goals for this week:
Swim * 2 (did two lengths of butterfly today [with flippers], watched a ton of technique videos to find a way to relax and managed to not feel like I was drowning and sort of enjoy it)
Run * 3
Bike * 4 (two down, two to go)
Strength * 1 (done!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES!!! We so need those t-shirts!

last week:
- Last really busy work week until xmas break, so get enough rest & manage stress/bad food choices DONE and pretty good overall only 1 day of really bad eating
- Skate 3x (we break after Wed until early Jan) DONE and super hard holy crap (being moved up a group will kick yer butt)
- Run 4x (although I really need to get back to running 5-6x week) DONE and still feeling awesome - actually feel like finding a 5k race :-)
- No riding (work commitments will force me to drive every day) DONE haha
- Really really try to get in 2 weights/drill sessions One and small "d" done - I'll have to do more over the break tho
- Book flight to long track provincials in mid-Jan (only LT racing before master's worlds!) Hotel is booked, flights are the easy part
- Read up on how to race/pace the 50k marathon skate (I have some ideas but it will be on a 1500m lake [natural] track which is all new to me but will be SUPER COOL!) See Below

So here's what I've learned about the marathon skate: the weather and ice conditions will be the biggest challenges. Natural surfaces tend to have cracks, ridges, bumps, and if snow is blowing or falling, it can be quite easy to fall. Drafting is key, so falling will get you dropped from your draft pack. I am going to investigate booties (or jerryrig my too-big Castelli cycling booties with some velcro), I will also need to invest in some thermal undies for under the skin suit. I am now very worried about my feet - either being too cold or being sore. Glad I have some deSoto fleece arm warmers tho! :-) Packing for this trip will be insane.

This week:
- 2.5 days left of work! Eat well at work (no vending machine trips). Drink more water (I am finding drinking HOT water is a good substitute for coffee! I actually like it!)
- Run 4x, maybe 1 more if I feel like it
- Ride 2x
- Drills/weights 2x
- Do something else like hiking or xc skiing or snowshoeing
- Get lots of sleep and roll my legs and hips and back daily
- Enjoy some time off with family!

Happy holidays all!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 22 Edition [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's really good to learn fly w/ flippers - helps you get the rhythm and takes some of the stress off the shoulders.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are super helpful in getting the timing of the kick down. There is timing in every stroke but fly is crazy. Now, if only I could go in straight line doing backstroke....
Quote Reply