Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq.
Quote | Reply
The storm is over, we're going to stay there as long as it takes, we'll rebuild, it's hard work, etc.

Sounds vaguely familiar. Let's hope NO doesn't look 2 years out like Bagdhad does today.

Also have to wonder where the money is going to come from. If you listen to what Bush promised tonight, it will cost at least as much as Iraq. So that adds to our growing deficit at a time when Bush is also looking to deepen his tax cuts. Looks like more fiscal irresponsibility on its way, and likely more apathy to follow. Or the other possibility: Bush doesn't deliver on half of what he promised. Good rhetoric, mollify the public, no follow through, yeah, the likely outcome.
Last edited by: rundhc: Sep 15, 05 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Each is a war zone in its own way.

Heck, for a while Iraq was safer than New Orleans.
Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This quote makes me laugh: "We won't allow our destinies to be controlled by the whims of nature."

Yeah we'll just stop any earthquakes, ping back any meteorites hurtling towards us, and put a giant fan on the gulf coast to scatter incoming hurricanes.
Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, many people blamed the President for this hurricane. It isn't beyond his naysayers to ask him to do what you've suggested.
Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody balmed him for th actual storm, just the piss poor response to it.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The city was doomed from lack of planning prior to the hurricane. If you're planning when it's about to hit you're too late.
Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that the response after the storm could only be given poor marks, but I also heard the president take the blame for that. That takes character. I wonder how many of the George's critics have even taken the time to make a donation to any of the relief agencies involved?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you notice how old he looks? It's amazing how much that job ages a man, even when he's on vacation.

Clinton looks pretty old, too. But he did have heart surgery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Listening to Bush you'd think NO is Iraq. [TriMike2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, for one, did...
Quote Reply