Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Katrina has confirmed the US is a great country to live in
Quote | Reply
My anger at public officials has subsided and I am now able to focuis on the good people that stood up in this country's time of need and whose sacrifice is as great as any made by previous generations. The greatness of this country has been affirmed by the heroic actions of the New Orleans Police Department, the nurses and doctors who stayed behind to treat the sick and injured and endured horrible and inexcusable condtitions, the Coast Guard and Air Force Pararescue who were on the scene first and worked long and dangerous hours to save people (and had to be forced to stand down), the military for really stepping up and providing life saving aid to thousands, the Humane Society and other rescue groups for saving animals that people were forced to leave behind, and the vast majority of the citizens of this country for making substantial financial contributions to help the displaced. The foreign press can kiss my ass, we are a good people and we will leann from the screw ups along the Gulf Coast.

Enough negative stuff has been said, let's not forget how good we are as a country. A handfull of elected officials screwed up. Let's keep that in perspective and learn from it.

Disclosure: I am half way through a bottle of Clois de Bois with one on backup for Bush's little talk tonight. Peace
Last edited by: tootall: Sep 15, 05 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: Katrina has confirmed the US is a great country to live in [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<Disclosure: I am half way through a bottle of Clois de Bois with one on backup for Bush's little talk tonight. Peace >

No fair, I'm still at work.