Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wanton speculation
Quote | Reply
http://velonews.com/...articles/5227.0.html

the gist of the article is that simoni has challenged armstrong to race both the giro d'italia and the tour de france.

will he? should he? could he?

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: wanton speculation [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt Armstrong really cares what races other people think he should do.
Quote Reply
Bad Plan [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I would hope to think that Lance and Co. are smart enough to stick with what works. I think Lance may have his hands full with #6, but think his team will be stronger than ever and probably drag him thru. That would be the dumbest idea in a while in my humble opinion,G
Quote Reply
Re: Bad Plan [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great way to possibly weaken lance for the tour though. Great strategic move by simoni, if lance bites. Hopefully, the coaches and the team and lance arent dumb enough to bite...although, with all the talk about lance and movie stars, it might make a great movie "lance armstrong, winner of the giro and tour, and the hot ladies that he dates"

lolz

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: wanton speculation [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that Simoni himself would be a very good arguement as to why Armstrong wouldn't do it. Look how Simoni suffered in the Tour this year. I think Vuelta (sp) would be a more realistic double for Lance, allowing him to not sacrifice the most important goal in the process.

I think Simoni will ride both just so he can give himself an out if the Tour does not go as he hopes. I just thought he would have learned about talking smack after this years tour
Quote Reply