Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New wetsuit or Renn Disc???
Quote | Reply
Thinking of an upgrade:

My 4yr old QR ultrajohn wetsuit to a DSS T1 or Spinergy rear Rev-X for a Renn Disc.

Both are about the same in $$$.

Any opinions as to which would be more benicifial?

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: New wetsuit or Renn Disc??? [rgr195] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you swim or not? If you swimming sub 20 maybe sub 21 I'd go with the disc. If your riding sub 58 I'd probably go for the wetsuit. Wetsuits help poor swimmers more than good swimmers. A disc helps everyone.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New wetsuit or Renn Disc??? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the swim I've been sitting around 40mins on a 1900m swim and 26mins on 1500m, never been a major strength.

Bike I'm covering a flat 56mile in 2h40min. Olys I'm close to 1hr depending on terrain.

The run is my biggest strength. 1hr30 half, sub40 10K

Time Split wise I've been BOP on swim (120 out of 160), MOP plus a few on the bike(75 out of 160), and FOP on run splits (30 out of 160).

So youcan see what weasknesses I'n focusing on this winter, just wondering if spending some $$ on an upgrade will move the numbers more also.

who am I kidding I'll probably get them both before next spring....

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your biggest ROI will be buying neither. Instead go hire a technique oriented swim coach and have him/her work with you one on one. All the yardage won't help if you don't fix the underlying stroke mechanics. I'd be willing to bet youthat you drop 3 min from your swim and expend less energy during the swim. I think the suit and disc cost about 350, at 60 bucks a pop thats a lot of swim help.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was having the same exact debate with myself. I settled it by deciding to buy both in the next several months.
Quote Reply