Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stolen Cervelos at Ironman Arizona
Quote | Reply
Yesterday, while my husband and I were volunteering at Ironman Arizona, a thief stole my Cervelo P2 (white, red and black) and his Cervelo P2C (grey and black) bikes. We have filed a police report with Tempe Police Department. The police officer who helped us was incredibly kind and helpful. I’ve left a message with my bike shop to get our serial numbers as well as called our insurance agent to file a claim. The police detective is also going to check video surveillance from the building. She’s also going to see if she can lift some fingerprints from the Huffy bike he left behind when he took our bikes. I’m continually checking Craig’s List, eBay and now posting on Slowtwitch obviously. And apparently, all pawn shops need to run bike serial numbers with local police departments when they get a bike (assuming the asshole hasn’t taken it off). Between homeowner’s and automobile insurance, we should be fine.

But with that said, please keep on the lookout for our bikes. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelos at Ironman Arizona [VyWebster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where were your bikes when they were stolen? I know somebody whose bike was stolen from inside his SUV when he was at the awards ceremony a number of years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelos at Ironman Arizona [NMGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is happening everywhere.....maybe there should be security or even add extra security......
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelos at Ironman Arizona [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I am a cyclist and a police administrator. We all know that bike races and TRIs are easy targets, because, we are all focused on other things. Also, we have a pretty strong trust among our fellow competitors. Most police departments have a program where you can hire off-duty officers for a fee. It varies on how it works from agency to agency. In the south, it is usually about $25 an hour and you get a uniformed cop with a police car as a deterrent. Not a bad option for race organizers. I would think these thieves would stick out as they would not be dressed like us and thieves always act nervous and are looking over their shoulders. We are too busy to look for these criminals.

Andy
Quote Reply