Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bush admits failure. [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is great that there enough shills out there who will absolve Bush of blame even when Bush himself has accepted it. I guess the no accountability mentality of the republican party has become that much engrained.

The really scary part of today's admission is that Bush says he's not sure that we're prepared for another natural disaster or terrorist attack. Well, what have you been doing for the past four years? So much for the right being strong on defense. Can't run a war or homeland defense.
Quote Reply
Re: Bush admits failure. [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will Cheney fire him now?

lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Bush admits failure. [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what disturbs me most about his re-election; he was the man who would protect America. How ready were we? Why is he taking responsibility for the delayed response if it was unavoidable? Certainly history shows that he is not one to admit fault in the face of criticism, so why now? Are we any safer or prepared for disaster having chose Bush? Sadly, I don't think so. And for the promise of safety and preparedness we sacrificed veterans benefits, fiscal responsibility, environmental protection, stem cell research, alternative energy development, fuel efficiency standard improvement, real prescription drug reform, etc., etc. I don't know if another candidate would have made dramatic improvements in these areas, but we know where W stands on these issues.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to take shots at him, an excellent place to start would be his caving in on the formation of the massive Homeland Security department. It was Lieberman's idea. Republicans resisted for the best part of a year, but, being Republicans, ultimately caved.

Expect "solutions" from Washington requiring the formation of yet bigger bureaucracies with yet bigger budgets. If you actually think such org chart shuffling will solve anything, I have swampland here in Florida I will let you bid on.

If anyone here thinks the creation of an Intelligence Czar was a good idea, let us know why this bureaucracy is a good bureaucracy, unlike the DMV for example.
Quote Reply
Re: Bush admits failure. [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Bill Clinton was still President..............

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In part, I agree. It is a win/win, however, the feds were a full day late in organizing and implementing a response, mostly due to the bureaucratic red tape and inaccurate information. As the man in charge, he was correct to take responsibility (and not admit fault) because it will be his job to fix it at the federal level. It was akin to the "we regret" (not apologize) response. Very appropriate.

Last edited by: DualFual: Sep 14, 05 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: Bush admits failure. [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Re: Bush admits failure. [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Airline tickets to New Orleans: courtesy of the secret service

Guided tour of the local hotspots: courtesy of the New Orleans Republican Party

Plastic beads and soggy bread for bait: courtesy of rising flood waters

Making the best of a bad situation: priceless!

Quote Reply
Re: Bush admits failure. [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Ummm...actually they did. The head of NOAH briefed the president personally, and the national hurricane center briefed the LA authorities.[/reply]

NOAH ... hmm... Typo or Freudian slip? :)

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: Bush admits failure. [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LMAO!!!!

Good thing you're not a reporter!

Admitting failure and taking responsibility are completely different.......
Quote Reply

Prev Next