Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr Offset
Quote | Reply
Hey all, been working with Wahoo support on some power issues, and they've been great so far.
I'm just trying to setup a new unit, and out of the box I tried doing a spindown calibration with my ipad.
It does the spindown fine, but reporting an offset of over 1300. I've done it three times, same result. Is this OK, or does it automatically mean an issue? I've read some places about some sort of slope adjustment that may be needed?
I did email support this morning, but don't really expect to hear back until Monday, so thought I'd ask here.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine has been in the range of 1273 - 1276 for the past year. The Kickr power has matched very closely to SRM and Quarq power meters. For me, this range seems fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over the last year I'm consistently at 550-560 range. Hoping mine isn't off. I have a powertap so I can't measure it directly while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [PSJoyce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last one was around 400 as well, but i didn't have a PM To compare it to. It seems like most people report a number close to 400. That said, I don't even know exactly what the number means!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had at one point 16 kickrs and none of them were higher than 600. not saying yours is bad, just giving a perspective.

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KICKRs in stock
best prices
contact if interested.

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi
mine is around 780 +/- 3
My kickr reads 20 watts over my stages pm, and was about the same as my old quarq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I can remember, 656 +/- 2 displayed on PerfPRO, riding almost every day for about a year. I think an offset is specific to a particular unit so as long as it does not change too much day to day and you consistently get acceptable power output values, I would not be concerned. That being said, please let's know what they say :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [dgoulart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will do. I'm hoping to do a 1 hour workout late tonight on a Trainerroad course I've done many times. Will try to see if it feels different...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
Thanks, will do. I'm hoping to do a 1 hour workout late tonight on a Trainerroad course I've done many times. Will try to see if it feels different...

Set my kickr up this evening and just rode for the first time. Two spin downs, one 408 and the other 410. Same thing, did a ride I have done a few times before and it felt easier than in the past. Absolutely love the kickr! So smooth and can't believe I didn't get ERG sooner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to follow up.....

I tried doing an actual erg workout with it today. Did the spindown after a warmup, still calibrated at over 1300.

I also have a P2M powermeter crank on my bike I used today. So before I actually started the workout, and just pedaled, the kickr seemed to be reporting accurate power numbers, or at least within 4-5% of the P2M. BUT, when I started the erg workout, the kickr, while reporting smoothly, suddenly felt much easier than it should have. So during the warmup on a trainerroad course I've done every week for a year, it felt way easier than it has in the past. It was showing a target, and actual wattage of about 150 watts being reported by kickr, but sure enough, my P2M was only reading about 120 watts, which is what it felt more like.
So I'm not sure if the 1300+ offset is causing the kickr to underpower during erg workouts?

Hopefully I'll hear from the Wahoo guys on Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only had my Kickr 2 weeks but from the start the power was way higher than my stages often 60W+ so I raised a support case with Wahoo this inturn resulted in them arranging a calibration kit to be sent out, after trying to calibrate (which failed with error 202) i've been told that means my strain gauge has failed now I'm waiting on a replacement. I was getting an offset of 1970 and the temperature was always reported way too high. The support process has been pretty good however the time it takes the guys to reply is way too long sometimes 24 -48 hrs.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [ziggys101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if mine needs attention based on your experience. Mine is reading an offset of 1900-2000 from Spindown after 40 minute ride. I don't recall temperature. Maybe 26 degrees C which doesn't seem unreasonable. I don't have much to compare it with except for virtual power from Cycleops Fluid for resistance. Thoughts on whether I should submit a request for calibration kit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get around 515 +/- 2 every time.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm usually in the low 400's
Last edited by: Tri-Mot: Dec 2, 14 11:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had mine since Dec 2013. 90% of the time I am 430. The other 10% is 432. Mine reads about 5-10W high versus my Quarq. Just figure out the gap and up your FTP by the average delta and it's close enough. Never done a firmware update.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an offset of 1129. After I got a power tap I realized my kickr might not be calibrated properly. Ordered calibration kit from Wahoo and my kickr now reads 453 for offset. Have not yet done a workout to see if my perception of a given wattage feels more similer to riding outdoors with power tap .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the KICKR has a calibration range that is assumed to be normal vs. not? My spin down always yields 985-987.
And my P2M always reads a few watts higher than the KICKR (typically 4-5w).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my offset was 1130 and I was told that was within normal
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
hideano wrote:
KICKRs in stock
best prices
contact if interested.

Includes separate crank/pedal power meters and calibration tools, too?

:-) Good one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting this from a while ago. I've had connectivity issues (power drops) and the email customer service told me that my offset (987 + or - 2) was off and that between 400-500 was better. So I was told to revert back to the previous 1.2.2 firmware, do a calibration (without weights...) then erase the utility app, reinstall the new firmware, do a spindown et voila.
I don't see why this would address connectivity issues (I've got a USB cable to have the ant+ right by the kickr for zwift connectivity, but the issue of power drops also happens without zwift, just with the wahoo app). Anyway, offset is now 421. I'll try tomorrow morning see if there are still power drops.
Not sure how the new offset will impact power and if a lower offset leads to higher or lower power. When it works, it matched my P2M well.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is consistently in the 880's & is consistently +\- 5W from my stages...so I took my stages off, that was good enough for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Offset [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad to report after exactly 4 years and 2 months, my Kickr is reading 0 Watts. It still shows speed, and does a Spindown but my offset is 32769 !! Normally it's like 760 ... I'm lost without my Kickr. Utterly lost. No Zwift or Trainerroad. Ahhh... first world problems.

I submitted a support ticket to Wahoo. We'll see what they say.

Firmware is all up to date. Tried cleaning the optical sensor too. Ohhhhh...what a world, what a world!
Quote Reply