Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Holy Hotflash!!!!
Quote | Reply
So I was at speed workout last night, and stupidly wore a long sleeve shirt as it was a bit cooler out (60 degrees) and after the first interval was pretty spent, did the second, and the coach sees me, hurting, sweat pouring off me, and says: you may want to wear a singlet regardless of the weather....

oh man she was right!!! my sweating was a hot flash!!! It just hit me - when I run and push hard the massive sweating is not just from the effort my thermostat is off - it is a hotflash!! wtf!

so I went and bought more singlets

she said I might not need my winter running clothes lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Holy Hotflash!!!! [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wait 'til that happens at 2:51 AM. Then the fun really begins...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Holy Hotflash!!!! [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those have happened
those I could figure out
but the ones during running did not occur to me doh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hormone replacement therapy greatly minimized my hot flashes and night sweats. As I really need to sleep at night, it's been the best $25 I've spent on health care in a loooooooooong time! If it's available in your area, you should look into it. Mine are bio-identical and are applied as a cream at night.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Holy Hotflash!!!! [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure if I will be able to do hrt - migraines :(
waiting to see where I am at.....

this just took me by surprise - and I am a doc!!! did not occur to me that I would have a hot flash during exercise!!!! but wow did my coach nail it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blame the hot flashes on your speed. ;)
Last edited by: TriBeer: Oct 1, 14 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: Holy Hotflash!!!! [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
Blame the hot flashes on your speed. ;)

hahahaha love it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for me the ones during training are a little different from night/day ones. i get a little nauseated, maybe dizzy or discombubulated, spike in HR and FLASH. i really hate it. i also feel much less powerful too.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Holy Hotflash!!!! [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still trying to figure out if the hot flashes are affecting performance and whether the other symptoms are related - today's half marathon I was all over the place from nausea, numbness, tearful, you name it
Quote Reply