Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? September 15/16 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 15/16 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week:
sprint tri on Sunday. went really well Work on undoing bike shoes on bike before getting into transition. tried it once, haven't quite gotten the hang of it, need more practice
keep doing well w/ food had a good week w food!

My tri went well - fastest swim out of everyone, fastest female run, 2nd FOV. Lost the race on the bike (no surprise there...) but overall quite pleased. Pic of running out of transition below.

M: 10.2 mi run + 8 mi bike
T: 7 mi run + 2500 yd swim
W: 8 mi run + 8 mi bike
T: 7 mi run + 2200 yd swim
F: 6.6 mi run
S: 4.5 mi run + 3500 yd swim
S: race 500m swim + 15 mi bike + 3.5 mi run (+ 500 m w/u swim + 2 mi bike home)

totals 9200 yd swim + 33 mi bike + 46.8 mi run

This is my last week at home :-( I fly back to school next Tuesday (assuming I passed my comprehensive exams - I will find out by Thursday). Not looking forward to it. Goal for the week is to enjoy the week as much as possible and FEEL the sad emotions, not use food to mute them...

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You LOOK amazing - so that's half the battle :) Seriously - well done. I suck at bike too, and I'm not half the swimmer you are - if you ever decide to put the time in on the bike (and really... who has more time???) you'll be winning all the tri's.
Good job.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 15/16 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks - how have you been? You are killing it on the Big Kahuna challenge :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've been busy. Last year, mostly running, this year w/ the IM last month I've been doing two a days, sometimes three a days. Keeps me out of trouble. I had good IM (missed my goal by 7 minutes, but given the heat, I'm happy). Just found out about AWA, so just signed up for the Austin 1/2 IM in October, and after that I'll be switching back to more running for Boston.

I've been channeling my inner TC and trying to swim more. I'll never be a fish, but I like it more than I used to. My swim split at Louisville was amazingly fast - and current aided. I doubt I'll ever get an IM split that fast again.

Take care - I've missed all my womens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goal was run x 5; I ran x 4, biked once and swam once. I also got in two little sessions with the weights and found I had way more energy when I didn't fall into the "I'll just have a glass of wine with dinner" trap.

This week is run x 5 (already done one), bike x 2 and erg as much as I can bear (I'm doing the Fall Team Challenge with a bunch of virtual Fitocracy friends). Other half has a conference in the city so I am tagging along so that should be a nice break.

@tigerchik - you look speeeeeedy and totally awesome in that picture.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 15/16 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally missed you too! I didn't know, or had forgotten, that you had done an IM. Congrats on the finish and the swim split :-) would looove to hear splits if you're willing to share - how did your IM marathon compare to your (fast!) open marathon time? How did the run feel?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That pic is awesome and totally reminds me of this meme.

My week was bad, as in nothing, but I'm back to work... so time to change gears and reschedule workouts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on all the great races!!

I'm doing a really good job sticking with the run program, in spite of tough work days & minimal sleep. Of course - it's easy when you only have to workout for 7 minutes...

This week, goal is 6 runs, hopefully up to 9 min by the weekend (dependant on how my back feels). Also, at least 3 core/upper body workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week wasn't bad. It was a tad hectic as outside life stuff was pressing. But I got in one good bike ride (sad face, should have been more). I swam once, ran a few times. My sister's company puts on a Fri. night 5k with a fantastic party afterwards. So I went to that, taking the day off on Friday to drive to her place.
I got some more painting done in the master bedroom. I can only do a bit more until the husband does some more sanding.
Anyway, I could now write an 'informational pamphlet' on how NOT to run a 5k. During the drive, I ate a can of mixed nuts... it was in the car, thought I'd just have a few but they were so tasty I ended up eating them all.
Thought the 5k started at 6pm. No, It started at 5:45. Oops. I didn't start warming up until 5:35.... when I figured I'd better head to the start (they called a few times already) the gun went off. Chip timed, I should have not panicked. But of COURSE I panicked. I pretty much sprinted the first mile to get through the crowd. I saw my garmin at mile 1 and knew it wasn't good. Since I was through the crowd, I backed off just a bit... but now I was struggling to run a much slower pace than that 1st mile. Like :45 sec per mile slower. I gutted it out but it sure was ugly. Kind of disappointed in my time since at my last sprint tri I was :30 faster for the 5k. I had been hoping to maybe run a bit faster than I did in the tri.
But oh well I'm done let's change clothes and par-TAY! However, my stomach was a mess for the rest of the night. Thank you nuts. I ate a bit, but not very much, oh well. At least the concert was fun. And I had a good time visiting my sister. We went out for breakfast the next day.
Baby shower on Sun. that wasn't near by.
Between all the driving I did Fri/Sat/Sun I didn't get in the workouts I would have wished - and the weather was perfect! Bah!

This week I hope is better. I had hoped to swim twice but that is very unlikely. I was going to on Monday but I had to work late.
I was hoping for the following:
Bike 3x Swim 2x, strength 2x (which I have done - mon and wed - yay!), run a bunch - like 5x?.
I have a relay race (running) on Sat. and then cyclocross on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I LOVE that everyone is watching you, completely in awe.

Of course they are!

Great job, as always.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Great pic! :-)

Last week I was in Clearwater FL all week for a conference, managed to get in 1 ocean swim (where I got divebombed by a pelican!), and 3 runs. I won a FitBit Flex at the gear giveaway and have been enjoying playing with it since. I did get stranded in Houston on the way home and had to spend the night there, which sucked, as I got home on Sat ~1pm then had to rush to the rink for skating. I got in two really good skates.

I have Leadman this Saturday, so this week is light: 2x run, 1x bike, 2x skate, 1 big ass drive to Bend, race, beers. :-) It'll be a PacNW reunion of sorts with QRGirl, MDraeger, Khai. M's man is doing the 125 and I'm doing the 85. The rest are there for heckling, er support.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to the womens on the awesome racing!

Last week's goals:

Swim x 3: WIN
Bike x 2: WIN
Run x 5: WIN
Core/strength x 2: WIN
Mobility/stretch x 2: WIN

So the tri on Sunday was a bit of a shit show. Between canoe touring & motorcycle touring, I'd had 2 weeks fully off training in the 5 weeks before the event, plus another week of swimming lost because all the pools were closed for maintenance until the Saturday after Labour Day. 8c/46f start with 18c/64f water and first time in my wetsuit in 2 months = slow ass swim, followed by a DAMN COLD slow-ass bike (cycle training hasn't been much of a thing this year), but at least I redeemed myself a bit with a 1sec olympic distance tri run PR (despite not being able to feel my feet until the 6k mark). Missed my half-assed time goal by almost 90sec and placed rather abominably, but had fun and kept up the intensity the whole way through - not too bad for a "run what you brung" race. If I'd not moved up an AG this year, I'd have podiumed, but such is life.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 3
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

Cheers!

-mistress k