Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? September 8 Edition
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 8 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 3: FAIL with 2. Not a single pool open within a 30min drive of my house on Thurs.
Bike x 3: WIN
Run x 5: WIN
Core/strength x 3: WIN

A little shagged out from a 6hr training weekend after a week of poor sleep (5hrs/night), but hoping I can bounce back for my last tri of the season (an olympic distance) on Sunday.

This week's goals:
Swim x 3
Bike x 2
Run x 5
Core/strength x 2
Mobility/stretch x 2

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I had a great day yesterday. It started out not-so-great, I was up all night with my sick son. But I rallied & raced an enduro cross race (42km). I took my MTB which made my hands/arms/back very happy; the course is rough. Half way through I realized I was going to beat my goal time, so set a new one. The last 7km lasted forever, but I got the time I wanted, with 5 seconds to spare.

I had no mechanicals or crashes (I saw many people with flats, one taco-ed wheel, and one guy with a destroyed derailleur walking barefoot more than 5km from the finish line).

This week I start running again. I'm doing a very beginner version of the barryP plan, but it worked last winter. I might take today off & start tomorrow, my back is sore & it's supposed to snow today - not sure I'm motivated to run outside in freezing temps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn good week!

2x 4mi run
1x 2mi run before 30 min PT
1x swim

Didn't get on the bike... and blew off 2nd PT session to go to Comic Con, which resulted in my legs/feet being toast for the next few days from 3.5 hours in super hero boots. Oops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second tri ever completed. Came in 32 seconds under my time goal, did front crawl all the way around the swim course and didn't crash on the bike so we'll call it a win, even though I'm very firmly BOP. Open water swimming in a crowd remains a challenge - all the people around me, swimming into them, them swimming into me; maybe I should have had a big gin&tonic before the start.

This week I want to run x 5; last race of the season is a half marathon. Any swimming/biking will be a bonus.

@edbikebabe - when you say beginner version of BarryP plan, do you mean really short distances? Also, I'm with you on the lack of motivation to run in miserable weather.
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Sep 8, 14 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week is a blur. I got in only one swim, but oh well.
Taught at the last cyclocross clinic and won a great raffle prize in the post-'race' raffle...
Did the first official CX race of the season - large field for our area, 12 women, I got 6th, one place out of the 'money'. Oh well. Course was SUPER bumpy.
Got a few things done on the master bedroom renovation project - Emptied my walk in closet, which took 2 hours. Tried out a suggested primer, seems to work great. Installed a new ceiling fan, which took about 2 hours and required running a new wire so I could have separate control of the light vs the fan. Running the wire wasn't even the part that took so long - it was trying to install a 'safety cable' to the attic ceiling joist. I made a few trips up and down due to tools, etc. But the light and fan are great and work perfectly.
I only got in 1 strength training session. Hoping for 2 this week.
Got in a pretty long run Sun. afternoon. Kind of sore today.

This week - hope to get in some workouts while getting a bunch done on the master. Meeting the carpet guy on Tues. to pick carpet and schedule the install.
I'll make 1 goal. strength train 2x.
Doing a 5k and visiting my sister on Friday. Should be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 8 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you win? I also won a raffle prize yesterday - got a cycling jersey :-)

I am pleased to add a good week to those already posted above.
Quote:

Goals for the week - finish the exams. done, submitted them Thursday. I will find out by the 18th (likely not sooner). Not knowing whether or not I passed is still causing me a lot of deep-seated anxiety.
Keep a food/emotions log as I think that will help me stop binge eating. I completely forgot to do this, but had a good week w/ food anyway.
Swim twice, done get lots of bike miles done - Sunday is an event I'm looking forward to; a 76 mi ride that I did last year. done/done, most bike mile week I've had this year and the event was great even though I am a BOP cyclist and the aid stations / post-race buffet was nearly out of food by the time I got there

M:12 mi run + 0:37 stair master
T: 6.3 mi run* + 3600 yd swim
W: 7.5 mi run + 2500 yd swim
T: 42 mi bike
F: 13.5 mi run
S: 4 mi run + 3000 yd swim
S: 76 mi bike

Totals 9100 yd swim, 118 mi bike, 43.3 mi run

Goals for this week:
sprint tri on Sunday. Work on undoing bike shoes on bike before getting into transition.
keep doing well w/ food

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 9, 14 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 8 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Promise not to mock me?? I'm doing it by time, not distance. I'm starting with 5 min everyday & then will start adding minutes to the "longer" days.

I did it last fall and it went really well. I was actually completing workouts (made me mentally happy & willing to stick with it), and my body adapted quickly. It didn't take long before I was doing more substantial runs. I have a loose goal of a sub 1hour 10km in the spring, so I'm working towards that.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 8 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a great way to do it. After my October HM I'm going to be switching over to Barry P so I'm interested in seeing how it's working for people who aren't doing crazy run mileage every week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two Masters workouts, which I'm liking.

2 hour bike ride - longest ride since end of June.

Got to see one of my fave bands live for free Friday night (The Wild Feathers).

Slept in and got a lot done around the house on Saturday.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The raffle prize I got was my friend's dirt road riding book. Lots of cool local routes. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: " This week: last lazy day today, but will run this morning. Then back at it - aiming for 2 more runs, 1 more swim, 3 rides, 2 skates (skating starts Sat and I will skate with the kids AND my group, helping to coach the kids, should be fun!). "

I managed FOUR runs (WIN), three rides (WIN)' 2 skates (WIN), one OW swim (super WIN for me), and a nice hike with P and the dog.mVery busy week,the two skates really killed my butt and thighs - can tell it's been a while! But the new boots and blades are fantastic,mi have so much more confidence in the corners, love it!

This week I am in Clearwater FL for a conference. Still have managed two runs and one OW swim, all with super crazy sked. I want to get in two more runs, one pool swim, and my double skate on Sat. K is coming to her first skate on Sat so I'm super excited, even though I know she may not like it after all.

However, for now, I'll sit on the pool deck with my cold white wine and enjoy the sun and humidity... Ahhhh... :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 8 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one gets mocked here :D Yay for all methods of getting the training to work for you!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply