Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Want new tri-bike but can't get fit
Quote | Reply
I live in a place where the nearest fitter is 2.5 hours away. But he doesn't specialize in tri-fitting. Plus he does even keep tri-bikes in stock. So my question is this: How can I know which bike fits me best? I can drive 5 hours to Columbus or 7 hours to Bikesportmichigan, but I would need to get fit and hopefully they would have the right size and kind of bike in stock. Any suggestions? Plus I have never even ridden a pure tri-bike, Help? I am interested in Felt 32, 25, 32, Quintana Roo Kilo, Cervelo Dual.
Quote Reply
Re: Want new tri-bike but can't get fit [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I live in a place where the nearest fitter is 2.5 hours away"

where do you live?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Want new tri-bike but can't get fit [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Leitchfield, Kentucky which is 1 hour southwest of Louisville, Kentucky. I would like a shop that offers QR, Cervelo, and Felt bikes in stock so I can try them all out plus get fitted. How else will I even know if I can ride a steep tri-bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you're gonna get a better response from Slowman, but it sounds like the place in St. Louis where he's doing a seminar in the next couple of weeks might be a possibility?
Quote Reply
Re: Want new tri-bike but can't get fit [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the name of the shop Big Shark Bicycle? They carry Felt and Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO, a fitter w/a reputation is worth a day in the car, a hotel rm. and another day in the car, i'm actually thinking about flying for a fit. A good fitting is the single most important ,and easy,thing that you can do for your cycling. It could save you 45 + mins. in an IM, those sexy wheels cant touch that.

good luck

i think there, 4 am
Quote Reply
Re: Want new tri-bike but can't get fit [spaceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how far from Tom D's place in MI are you? With basic measurements, a phone, and a calendar the two of you could figure something out.

I was hoping Tom would chime in on this thread. As once we move to TN next summer I was thinking of doing the same thing.

But I would be going from one tri-bike to another.

J
Quote Reply
Re: Want new tri-bike but can't get fit [rgr195] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bikesportmichigan, tom's shop is about 7 hours a way. So I am guessing about 8-8.5 hours from you in TN. If you are the one moving to Clarksville. We could go together and save the gas, if I can hold off getting a tri-bike till next summer. He does seem like the guru when it comes to tri-bike fit.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a possibility.

Let me get on the ground in clarksvile first.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yaqui, Yaqui, Yaqui. I live in a bike fit wasteland as well, and when it came time to get a new bike (two months ago), I got one from Ves. Did the measurements according to his instructions and he built the bike. Fits like a glove. And I actually screwed up the first set of measurements. After looking at them, he emailed me back and told me there was a problem. So I re-measured and we got it right that time. Got the bike two weeks ago, and everything is great. In addition to getting the fit right, you will possess one of the finest crafted bikes available. At the very least, you should consider Ves, especially given the lack of knowledgeable fitters in your area.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"QR, Cervelo, and Felt bikes"

there are promising tri shops closer to you, like wheelie tri in southwestern ohio, but they do not carry any of the brands you want to try, to the best of my knowledge.

so yeah, as another poster wrote, probably maplewood in st. louis would be your place, and if you can wait a month a lot of people are going to be flying in and converging on that store.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply