Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results
Quote | Reply
Would anyone know of where old results for the Royal Lepage Triathlon series may be archived.

I did many of the races back then and curious to look at them. (eh compare?) to current results.
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [awcrowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I can't help. I didn't start until tri until the first year of the Presidents Choice series, that took over from LePages.

I might have some hard copy results from those years (up to 96?) as they sent out hardcopies of results back then. On the other hand TriSpouse may have recycled them by now :-(

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [awcrowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I recall correctly there were no online results. The results magazine was sent out a couple of times during the season and then at the end of the year. I know I have copies of them somewhere.....

John Salt, Founder - MultiSport Canada
Canada's Largest Triathlon Series and Barrelman Niagara Falls
http://www.multisportcanada.com / http://www.niagarafallstriathlon.com
"Discipline Is What You Do When No One Is Watching You"
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [John Salt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Salt wrote:
If I recall correctly there were no online results. The results magazine was sent out a couple of times during the season and then at the end of the year. I know I have copies of them somewhere.....

are you sure?
:}

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a lot of those races, there was only hard copies mailed out.
Still have them, pm me if you want copies and I'll dig them up.
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [chris_mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone finds copies i’d Be grateful for them as well![reply][/reply]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you find what you were looking for? I have some results too however would love the series results if you located them.
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [John Salt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John - would like to get ahold of series magazine with 88 results if possible?
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
John Salt wrote:

are you sure?
:}

The Hyper Text Transfer Protocol was formulated by Tim Berners Lee at CERN in fall1989 after the completion of the 1989 Royal Lepage Tri Series. I believe the finale was in Muskoka that year in September (if not it was 1990 with Finale in Muskoka). In any case the internet as we know it for easily sharing documents and linking TCP and DNS did not exist. Until Berners Lee came along, long after the Royal Lepage Series was in flight and slightly after Mark Allen beat Dave Scott at Kona 1989, we finally had the mechanism to put results online. Race results are just another document just like documents that particle accelerator researchers needed to share. Thankfully Berners Lee laid the foundation for us to stalk course cutters and other triathlon related internet important stuff like Slowtwitch.com!!!

Yes, Fleck and I were doing triathlon before the dawn of the internet!!!!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jan 23, 23 19:12
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Orillia in 1989 was my first tri ever, and I remember scrambling to borrow a helmet from someone because no one wore them and I only knew one person that even owned one!
Quote Reply
Re: Royal Lepage Ontario Tri Series 87, 88, 89 Results [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes - my first triathlon race was in 1981. It was organized by what was then the Cambridge Nordic Ski Club and was held at a Conservation area near Cambridge Ontario. This Race/Event is generally recognized as the first triathlon race in Ontario (maybe all of Canada).

I can't remember the exact distances but it was about 1km/30km /8km. I was a bit apprehensive about entering. I was working as a Life Guard at the time. But I was not a competitive swimmer. I borrowed a rusty "Apollo" brand 10 speed road bike from our next door neighbor - I think only 3 - 4 gears actually worked! Running was my thing and I had come close to breaking 15:00 a few times for 5000m on the track in the last year. Survived the swim. Somehow got through the bike without crashing, and then ran my way to 3rd place! Anyway - I have no idea who was ahead of me, but I was hooked!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply