Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Seven Cycles Triathlon Model - Any Experience/Thoughts [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let’s keep this in perspective; we are dealing with a hypothetical scenario so we are not sure what the outcome of this conversation would be. But I find it interesting that you say “a lot of buyers don’t listen”. I find it just the opposite; a lot of sellers don’t listen. I am not just talking about bicycles. The best consultants/salespeople have honed their listening skills to truly understand how to advise their clients in getting exactly what they need or want. It is also true for the best doctors, attorneys, and car mechanics… anyone offering advice or products to solve problems. Listening starts with knowing how to ask the right questions. Mike (not you) in the scenario didn’t engage customer X to get him beyond the product.

Once again, I will get off my soapbox. You would think with all this getting up and down off of my soap box that I would be a better climber. Go figure?

Mike, you are correct in that a tri bike should be smaller than your road bike.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Seven Cycles Triathlon Model - Any Experience/Thoughts [Paul Levine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

In response to the OP: I rode an axiom tri for a few seasons. I found the peeps at seven to be great to deal with. I even had them build me a steel model to ride in the winter with fenders.

There has been a lot of commentary re: sizing and the seven method, and there was a fair amount of back-and-forth before things were settled, but I was happy with the finished product. It was nice to be able to spec. a really short head-tube.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Sevens are slow [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Back to the original question, I think Seven's are slow tribikes. Almost everyone agrees the least aero bike is an oversized round tube bike with a round fork like the Wound up. I love my Woundup fork on my roadbike and would die for a Seven as a roadie, but they are pretty close to the old Beercan Cannondales of old for unaero tri frames.
I did see sone guy with a Morita (sp) Ti fork at Ironman that was as big as some suspension forks out there now. Where is this guy coming from. ? G
Quote Reply

Prev Next