Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch?
Quote | Reply
I apologize up front if this has been discussed in a previous thread; however, I searched and I could not find it.

My question is, what do you all think are the most common and recurring post on this forum (top 10). I am willing to bet that it deals with 650 vs 700 wheels, seat tube and bike fit, computrainers or powercranks, what to eat prior, during and post race and or what is the best bike. It might be a good idea to identify those questions that come up over and over again so that a guy like me who may have missed it can hit a button for the most common question and add there two cents worth or get info for themselves. I would be interested in hearing from those who have been around for a long time, and what their thoughts are, and what they feel are the most repeated queries...then I would like to see if a search engine at slowtwitch could produce the answers.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Greg Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Click on the word "Replies" at the top of the column "Replies" on the main index, and it will sort all threads by highest reply count.

The Iraq War and Powercranks/Rotorcranks seems to lead the way. One long thread about sports drinks thrown in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, the sports drink one with the osmolality and gastric emptying and sucrose concentration junk. And what about the ideal Tri-vehicle/anti-SUV thread one? Ahhhhh, those were the days!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Greg Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"what do you all think are the most common and recurring post on this forum (top 10)."

there are the most popular threads (by views and by replies, only one of which is clickable on the forum home page) and then there are the number of subjects that come up via re-asked queries. another poster is correct, just for the number of replies to a post, you'll get the list by clicking on the "replies" column in the top of the home page of the forum.

i thought for sure 3d desanctioning was going to overcome and win the top spot, but it ran out of steam. if you were to add the two iraq threads, (what i'm seeing on CNN right now, and what i'm seeing on MSNBC rght now) you get up toward 350 replies. individually the CNN thread is at 240, pc v regular cranks is 213, and 3D stalled out at 208.

if you add up the biggest PC and rotor crank threads you're around 500 posts.

so as goes fan interest, i'd say exotic cranks and war/politics are the two most popular subjects on this forum, and 650/700 trails by quite a bit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to admit to starting the sports drink thread. Though it got carried away, that thread was the single most valuable thread to me in terms of importance of what I learned.

Using Carbopro, I have nailed my nutrition and hydration during long races. A newbie friend of mine did the same thing in the blistering heat at GFT last week in his first real triathlon. Very cool stuff, and it is very simple to use.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so that means a post titled "France is selling Powercranks to Iraq - boycott Frank Day" is likely going to smash the record...
Last edited by: Francois: Oct 31, 03 17:00
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What Frank Day drinks while in France selling powercranks (under the table) to Iraquis" would flame for weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because he sells PC to iraqis or debating on the quality of the wines?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"France is selling Powercranks to Iraq - boycott Frank Day"

Ha!! Let's hope Record9ti and Fleck read this!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are mistaking fleck with slick...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct. Fleck, my apologies.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested to see which post got the most different people posting, is there any way to see this?

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote: "so as goes fan interest, i'd say exotic cranks and war/politics are the two most popular subjects on this forum, and 650/700 trails by quite a bit. "

Since some of the PC threads seemed very war-like I am not so sure we should separate these two.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"France is selling Powercranks to Iraq - boycott Frank Day"

you guys are priceless.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quality of wines? Heck, how about their Osmolality? Smile Now dem's fightn' words. lol

Joe Moya

BTW, I can't believe that sport drink thread was that big of a deal... and to think I was in the thick of that mess.... eeegads!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Osmolality of the wine? is it when you do not give the concentration of wine in the blood anymore, but say how blood you have in the wine flowing in your veins?

my apologies for the non politically correct post to my german fellows and aussie mates who measure the blood in their beer!...

its nearly midnight and I can't sleep because my mexican neighbors have not enough blood in their tequila! ;-)

night all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy and myself are planning a reconversion in the entertainment business :-)
we are trying to get Frank to sponsor us.

The first pair of circus clowns riding unicycles equipped with powercranks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
darn these guys can party late!
slept the first hr of the bike ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for all the replies. And thanks for the info on how to check for post. I was just trying to avoid asking the same questions even though most everyone seems to tolerate them and offer very good advise and opinions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the Seattle Bike show I met a "unicyclist" who kept coming back. he thought is was possible to ride a unicycle equiped with PC's. It is probably possible but how do you stop?

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman. What are the top 10 post/threads ever on slowtwitch? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you jump :-)
Quote Reply
How do you stop? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aim for something soft, like someone desanctioning USAT stuff while arguing about 650 vs 700.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply