Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 Problem
Quote | Reply
I received my P3 yesterday and upon getting it home I noticed a small crack in the front of the bike where the forks insert into the bike. It is very small and looks like it is just in the material on the outside of the aluminum. Is this something I should be concerned about? I guess I need to see how deep it goes.

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Problem [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this is a new bike, then this sounds like an issue that should be taken up with the dealer today - before you take it for a spin (probably too late for that, I'd be out last night, riding in the dark if I had a P3).

I just can't picture what material is on the outside of the aluminum that might have a crack in it. Can you post a pic?

put the mettle to the pedal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy question to answer: If it were an airplane wing would you fly on it? Same thing. Remember: An atom bomb kills you just as dead as a .22 bullet.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you saying that you have a headtube crack? If so, don't ride it until someone looks at it.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Problem [skater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

Tom your statement hit home... I think it might just be in the paint, however I am taking it into the shop today so they can look....

Quote Reply
Re: P3 Problem [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my bike shop pull the forks and check the frame, it was just a small crack in the paint. It must have got hit by the forks or the stem when it was being put togehter. Looks like this plane is ready to fly, thanks for the input Tom D. and others.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flytri,

You are cleared for takeoff on runway P3. Climb at best possible rate and contact departure control on frequency 700c. Have a good day.

Skater (ex private pilot from way back).
Quote Reply