Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a new design for 2021 but bottle holder looks like the same so it will still rattle probably.

https://www.elite-it.com/...frp/kit-crono-cx-frp

Last edited by: robius: Feb 28, 21 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [robius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
I liked the dimples on the bottle to hold on too.
And it helped get the spare out of your Jersey pocket.
It could be I’m just old
Jere B
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [Jere B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jere B wrote:
Hi
I liked the dimples on the bottle to hold on too.
And it helped get the spare out of your Jersey pocket.
It could be I’m just old
Jere B

That does look very difficult to handle. The slippery surface of the bottle is a major reason why I did not keep the Cervelo bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [robius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bottle cap or nozzle seems to be upgraded. But minus for no-dimples. They were super helpful with wet hand in high humidity condition.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skateboard tape or similar for grip?

A placement question. I

STRC @desertdude or Jim Manton saying that one of these bottles in the frame triangle was pretty negative with a Trek SC in a larger frame. (Mine is an XL).

This gave rise to a thought. I hate single use gel packs. I hate seeing them on the ground, it annoys me that they are not reusable etc. So I have a strong preference against using them and the bento box on my TT. Would a narrow bottle such as this (and filled with gel or concentrated maltodex mix on the bento box mounts be aerodynamically OK? I can't help thinking that it wouldn't be too bad. It's about the same width as my stem (and I run a high-far so it's not much higher).
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak for aerodynamics and I am sure it would be bike/fit dependent. It is however a very large volume for a gel flask. I would think you would be better off which just putting something like this (SOFT FLASK 250ml/8oz 28 - Hydration - Bags & Packs - Men (salomon.com) in your bento. They come in multiple sizes and if you really want to play around you can mix and match the options to install longer hoses on the smaller flasks (SOFT FLASK 500ml/17oz STRAW 28 - Hydration - Bags & Packs - Women (salomon.com).

If what you really hate is the bento box than you need a different solution but It seems like the CX bottle is overkill for your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Crono CX Aero bottles. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, it's definitely overkill!

I did have a look at the Salomon bottles and I'm a little sketchy that they will stay in the box - it's the Trek one with a semi-open top (as in no zip, no velcro). Maybe a strap, I don't know

It occurs that I'm POSSIBLY overthinking this.
Quote Reply

Prev Next