Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling out "A in Florida"
Quote | Reply
A,

Post a picture of yourself or give us a link to one so we can all see what a "prize" you are. As my old buddy Jimmy Cassidy used to say "I'll bet you ani't no f***in' Christmas tree." At least Cathy has the self-assurance to post her pictures. And since she is from Kansas, the "Home of Beautiul Women," she is okay in my book.

BC
Last edited by: tri_bri2: Oct 30, 03 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more time, just so everyone understands completely, A in Florida is not, repeat not me.

I would post my picture, but I am afraid it wouldn't quite measure up to the "bad asses" picture from last week.

Art in Florida,
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art,

Anyone who regularly surfs this site knows that you would never take a viscious, ad hominem shot at anyone like that.

Regards from the "Western Gate to the Sunshine State, where thousands live like millions wish they could."

BC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to disappoint you, but "a in florida" won't be able to respond. and not because of what he wrote, but because of his fictitious email address. my rule: if you post objectionable posts, you need to be man enough to stand behind them.

or woman enough, and this is my suspicion. i'm pretty sure "a" is a woman who is jealous of CLM's popularity. i was just in CLM's home 3 weeks ago, staying over, and she's the bomb, as much of san francisco can confirm. in fact i was jealous, as she a had male admirer there trying gain her attention, someone clearly out of my league. oh well...

as for "a", she'll have to reregister under another fictitious name. she becomes banned user #2 here at slowtwitch, joining orang utan (come to think of it, maybe she's banned user #1, rebanned).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow Dan...I am shocked I have not been banned with some of my antics here....(Anti France, Anti Shimano, Anti ABG....)

(no I wont be trying harder to be #3)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BC.. which thread are you refering to???

Fran G.
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
over 2000 registered forum posters, over 50,000 posts this year so far, and two (or one) have been banned. you have to be a pretty bad behaver to rate a ban, and you've got a long way to go before you cross that threshold.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thread titled "a girl's perspective" about halfway down the first page.

I am really disappointed "A" is banned. I was looking forward to putting his/her picture up in the gym as an inspiration to us all with less than perfect looks and bodies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify: I never had one thought that Art Franke was A. No way.

And, Slowman did what he did on his own volition. I'm with tri_bri2--I want to see A's picture. I'm finding this whole thing amusing and it is nice to see what great folks are on this forum!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I think "a" is a guy -- the kind of guy, and there are a lot of them, who is frightened of, and intimidated by, strong women. They tend to lash out to mask their fear. I usually just feel sorry for such guys, they really don't know what they're missing. (I held out for a woman who was stronger & smarter than me and have never regretted it.)
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [pyker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I held out for a woman who was stronger & smarter than me and have never regretted it."

--------------------------------------------

Amen, brother! Who do you think funds my tri addiction? :-) Besides being the mother of our son (and soon daugher, too) and my best friend, my wife is one of the smartest people I've ever met. I don't think I could handle the thought of spending the rest of my life with someone I can't carry on an intelligent conversation with, or who's ego I have to stroke all the time to ensure they don't run from me (and God knows I give her plenty of reasons to run). Geez, I hope she's not reading this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jkatsoudas wrote: "I held out for a woman who was stronger & smarter than me and have never regretted it."

Although neither my wife, nor I, have any doubt that I'd score higher than her on any academic test, we do disagree on another point concerning our respective levels of intelligence. The point of disagreement is this: I say she is smarter than I. Because, when attempting to account for the totality of "intelligence", higher scores on academic tests are a woefully inadequate unit of measure. In many of the more important areas outside strict academia, I can only wish I were as intelligent as she.

And, for those of you lucky enough to have met her, I don't think there's a single person that would say she is anything less than strikingly attractive. (She doesn't let that go to her head, and I think that makes her even more attractive.)

Come to think of it, perhaps the only truly dumb thing she has ever done, was to marry me.

I'm glad A in Fla. is gone.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prior to the Orang utang ban there were some posts censored. I remember some posters arguing that this was Dan's right. "It's his forum and he can do as he damn well pleases." I am still here, two years later, because Dan does not share that attitude. This forum belongs to posters; without them, its next to nothing. Its quality is directly related to the quality of its participants; and Dan is just one of 2000. BUT, I have also learned that some posters step over even my liberal (at least I think they are) boundaries. Orang did so through what might be viewed by many as slanderous remarks against Cervelo. A in Florida did so with a personal attack against another poster. Althought I hate censorship, I agree with both of these decisions. And I applaud the care Dan uses in exercising his prerogative.
Bill
Quote Reply
Re: Calling out "A in Florida" [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you've hit something important. Common sense and logical thinking are way undervalued. A lot of people could use help with empathy too.

Oldaveguy: In the year or so I've been haunting this forum, I have found that Dan is very lenient in his tolerance of the wild frontier that is the slowtwitch forum. I have seen a lot of forums that either tolerate nothing inappropriate(tivocommunity.com) or constantly degenerate into flame-fests over whose gaudily tweaked VW is better(vwvortex.com: average mentality: 13 years old) The folks here are most excellent. But when someone starts just attacking other posters for no reason, they got to go. It makes this less of a community, and that's no fun for anyone.

If you all tolerate me, well, y'all are pretty tolerant folks.(although I think I get shunned sometimes because of my lame posts.)

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply