Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What kind of aerobars are those?
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am in search for the ultimate aerobars for a road bike. Do you know what kind of aerobars are those?

http://www.triathlon.org/...d03-women-10_jpg.htm

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of aerobars are those? [kawon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look like hacked-off 3T Bio-arms to me. I don't know if they are the ultimate aerobar for a road bike, though. That honor would probably have to go to the Deda Synapsi.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of aerobars are those? [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't think they are 3T as the 3T finish straight up.
even if they were cut, there is a slight curve at the end.

they look like the old scott bars (and from what I can see from the pads they are)...

funny though is that they are supposed to be bridged for itu races.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of aerobars are those? [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
john,

I agree with you. Deda Synapsi looks very very tempting. Did you perhaps use it? I am a bit concern about the comfort (for example: how do you position your hands? do you have to use extra pads? etc.). I know someone mentioned before that the Deda Synapsi was good only if it just suited you. How do you know it? Is this aerobar preferrable for larger or smaller riders, for example?

I am 5.3 only and ride Cervelo Soloist 2003. I use currently small Syntace C-2 aerobars. I like them very much, but though I shifted my saddle maximally to the front (I do want have an option of using hoods so a forward position of the saddle is out of the question), but I have an impression that this is not ideal. Any suggestions on a possible set-up of my bike? I am planing buying of a tri-specific bike in the future, but for a time being this is my training and race triathlon bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AAAAAH!!!!!

This is vanessa Fernandes my friends, 18 years old and unbelievable physical capacity...

Some times i train with Vanessa, she lives near me in portugal.

Anyway the bars that she uses are the TTT bio arms, cutted and turned upside down!!!!

watch out for this girl in the olimpics at Athens

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Any suggestions on a possible set-up of my bike"

Sounds like you are finding the small C2's on the Soloist to be a bit of a stretch. I used those successfully on a medium frame Giant TCR but I'm about 5'10". An alternative might be the Profile Jammer GT's that were originally designed by John Cobb as the "big slam" bars. They are short and specifically designed for a road bike geometry. They also have a considerable amount of effective length adjustment, unlike the C2's. Sounds like they might work well for you if you flip the Solist seat post to the 75/76 degree angle. You shouldn't feel so stretched out with these.
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of aerobars are those? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the url. I have a set of these on my old steel road bike and found them very comfortable. http://www.profile-design.com/jammerGT.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with the jammer GT they have lots of adjustment and you can play with them like lego blocks :-)... i did!!

I have changed the extensions left to right to find a position that i liked most

Sergio

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply