Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SILCA Valve Extenders... [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
No.

I used a bit of heat shrink tubing on the Zipp extender as a workaround.

Sounds like a solid solution - thanks for the idea and saving me some $
Quote Reply
Re: SILCA Valve Extenders... [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anytime.
Quote Reply
Re: SILCA Valve Extenders... [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could go with the ENVE versions of the Silca extender. The rubber extends all the way down. I'm using them with Vittoria latex 51mm and the 34mm Enve extender on HED Jet 6.
Quote Reply
Re: SILCA Valve Extenders... [sun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sun wrote:
You could go with the ENVE versions of the Silca extender. The rubber extends all the way down. I'm using them with Vittoria latex 51mm and the 34mm Enve extender on HED Jet 6.

I had no idea that was even an option - great find and thank you for the heads up.
Last edited by: loosegroove: Jun 15, 16 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: SILCA Valve Extenders... [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's an old thread. But I couldn't find the specific answer to my question and the old Silca tables have been removed from their web page (found on Google), so I'm posting my findings.

If you have one of the many inner tubes that are available now in 42mm and removable presta valve cores, and a 60mm deep section rim, you may be wondering what size Silca RVC extender to use. I'm talking about the "older" style extender with the rubber gasket which are not sold directly by Silca now but are still available as a branded OEM product, eg Zipp or Enve.

I have Conti butyl tubes and also the Silca/Vittoria latex tubes, both in 42mm. The Zipp/Silca 34mm RVC extender works perfectly with my Flo 60 front wheel and minimises the amount of valve on show. The rubber gasket is positioned just right for where it exits the carbon fairing.

Copy of the old Silca table here. On the chart it looks marginal but as above, 34mm works really well with 42mm on a 60mm rim.

May help somebody.

Thanks,
Rich.
Quote Reply

Prev Next