Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stolen Merlin Road Bike
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys. I hope it's ok to post this here. My fiance had his bike stolen tonight right off of the rack on the back of his car. He's training for Ironman Wisconsin and I can't begin to tell you how upset he is. I'm sure that guy that took the bike will try to sell it. My fiance has already made a police report, but to be honest with you, he doesn't think that he's got a chance to get it back. I disagree. His bike is a one of a kind and built for him. I think if we get the word out, someone is bound to see it, either in a pawn shop or at a store. It's a 58" light blue Merlin Light with tri bars and ksyrium wheels. The front and back fork both have "Bikes, Inc" or "Bicycles, Inc" on them. There is a naked Polynesian lady decal on the front. Personally, I've never liked him having this volumptous female decal on his bike but it's turning out to be a pretty good identifiier. The bike was taken around 8pm on 13th Avenue in Denver. I'm told the guy that took it was also trying to break into cars as well. I'd appreciate it if you would keep an eye out for this bicycle. If you spot it, my fiance's email is rogerm48@earthlink.net. If you would like a jpg I'll be happy to send one. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Merlin Road Bike [hearsawho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in case you don't find it, I'd suggest your fiance get to the bike shop and try to work somethign out asap.

I hope you track it down.
Last edited by: sentania: Aug 30, 05 11:13
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Merlin Road Bike [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's already made visits to the bike store! He'll never be able to replace the bike that was stolen. It was like his baby! He's still totally devastated over the whole situation. I've been monitoring other sites for his bike and there have been numerous high end bike thefts in the Denver area in the past eight days. There HAS to be a fence there taking these bikes. According to the police, pawn shops have to check with the police before they accept a bike. If that's the case, where the heck are all of these bikes going?

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate your kind words and so does my fiance. I just hope ya'll don't forget to keep looking at races, while you ride, whenever... Merlin Ultralight, 58cm, custom paint, blue.

I think that this particular thief underestimated the tenacity of this southern girl....you mess with man....that's a very bad thing. As my Grandaddy used to say, "I don't get mad, I get even." If his bike is out there, I'll find it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is someone sophisticated I wold check out roadbikereview.com and would post something there... I would also post something on the rest of the tri websites... as well as with the local bike shops.

there is always ebay as well
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Merlin Road Bike [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've already posted on the roadbikereview.com site and I check it daily. I have an auto responder set up on ebay. I've emailed all the tri clubs around Denver. What other tri sites are there? I've posted on mybikesite.com and bikeforums.com. Do you know of any sites other than those two? My fiance is an avid triathlete, but to be honest with you, I've never checked websites for triathletes before this. I just can't believe his bike got stolen. I'm still in shock! The worst part of it is, this the sweetest, most generous, nicest man in the entire world. If the guy who took it had told him that he needed money, he would have given it to him. He's that nice. If you want to see a picture of the bike, I have it posted on the Triathlon Forum. It's on about page 20 by now. Thanks in advance for the name of any more sites where I can post his stolen Merlin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep an eye out for it on Craig's List. There's been a bunch of bikes stolen in Boulder recently. Bike Thiefs are the scum of the earth.
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Merlin Road Bike [johnphillips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the internet? I received an email today from a fellow victim of bike theft. Turns out that some scum of the earth of taking the bikes to the Mile High Flea Market and selling them. I say, we as cyclist need to descend on them!!!! Let them know it is NOT OK to steal our bikes! Unite in an army of spandex!!!! Revolt! Ok, Ok, maybe I'm going a little overboard. Still, if you've had a bike stolen, it would be worth your while to go check out the flea market. And if anyone beats Roger there do two things for me...One, see if his bike is there and two, if he comes after you do, and his bike is there, don't let him kill anyone.

Also, the email that I received said that if you go to the flea market, get the plates on the car of the individual selling the bikes. The police might need it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2005 51cm Merlin Extralight at my house, frame/fork, if you need one. In fact, you can buy it, or borrow it, for the race if you are really in need and it is your size. I live in Wash Park, just call 303-619-3824

Joey
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Merlin Road Bike [jmg1848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is so nice of you! Thank you so very much. Roger rides a 58cm frame. I'm afraid a 51 would be too small. But thank you for offering so very much. I'll forward this to Roger just in case.
Quote Reply