Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TdF Question
Quote | Reply
With a long winter ahead of me, I'm looking for some reading material.

Any good books, magazine articles, websites on the Tour - specifically, strategy, roles of the different team riders, how the points system works etc.

I enjoyed watching the coverage on OLN this year but didn't understand half of what was being said.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Question [kac94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the best way to learn is to watch the Famous Cycling Videos (or World Cycling Productions) videos. I've read a bunch of books on The Tour but no spectacular one jumps out at me. Anything by Samuel Abt is pretty darn good since he is such a fine writer. He wrote at least one book on racing The Tour during the Indurain era. That book was fascinating. Armstrong's new book (as well as his previous one, "It's Not About the Bike") titled "Every Second Counts" (I think?) is probably pretty fun also. I've seen it, but haven't read it. Try to search on Amazon under author "Samuel Abt" and see what you come up with. I think john Wilcockson of Velo Press/ Velo News has a couple titles but, compared to the elegant literary style of Abt, it is dry as a popcorn fart.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Question [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Season in Turmoil"
Quote Reply