Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help-SRM/Hed aerobar or Oval users
Quote | Reply
I am looking at both the Hed Aero bar and the new Oval 900 bars. I use the SRM system and as you know, it's a big computer! Is there any logical place to put the computer on either of these two bars either with the supplied mount or velcro? Also, any observations - one over the other (Except of course the cost difference)! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Help-SRM/Hed aerobar or Oval users [louisd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My SRM PC-IV mounted very nicely on my HED bars. There is a very nice flat area between the aerobar extensions. The PC-IV will fit as long as you are not running the bars as close together as possible. If you run the bars closer, the flat areas on top of the aerobar extension brackets will also work. You will have to fiddle a little bit to get enough velcro down to make solid contact with your computer (so it doesn't pop into your face over the first big bump), but there are lots of ways to do that. Rumor was that Lance requested a place to mount his SRM PC when the HED bars were being designed. As I understand it, the Oval bars are virtually the same as the HED with a few minor changes (perhaps a second generation HED).

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: Help-SRM/Hed aerobar or Oval users [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Haim. How about the PCV (which is what I have). I am not sure if it is larger although I hear it is. Are the Hed's worth the $$$?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not fortunate to own either of these... but saw a bike set-up with SRM's & the Hed bars at Veloswap this past Saturday. Looks like the SRM computer will mount perfectly on the "crossbar" that is just in front of "stem clamp bar"... hope these descriptions make sense... So the computer will sit just in front of your elbows between the aerobars. I think I heard that the Hed's were designed so that a SRM would fit on them b/c Lance trains with SRM's...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The PCV is a about 6mm narrower than the PCIV (although it is a little taller), so there should be no problem there. Also, because the aero bar extensions are pretty wide, you can probably also run it with the standard mounting bracket on an aerobar mount like you would any other cycle computer (this option will not work with a drink system though). If you know of an LBS that has some bars in stock, bring your PC down and fit it up. The wide range of options will become clear immediately.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply