Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roth and L'etape du tour............7 days apart
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm in for Roth on July 4th.

Anyone know what the entry requirements are for the L'etape du tour are?

How much, do you have to ride in a certain cat?

Francois, did you get my message? respond off line if you did / did not.

Anyone know whether people take it ez in the L'etape? or does everyone hammer it?

All info gratefully appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Roth and L'etape du tour............7 days apart [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the only requirement is to be one of the first 7000 to send back your application. The registration form is generally available beg. of January in the VELO magazine or on the internet. Anyway check on their site. The race is open to everybody. And be prepared for a tough day as it seems the stage will be long 230km and I know pretty well the Pas de Peyrol: it is going to surprise a lot of people (with a 18% part...).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing IM Austria also on July 4th and am now wondering, what is l'étape du Tour. It sounds pretty obvious by it's name but where can I find more info on it ?

Thank's

Richard

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: Roth and L'etape du tour............7 days apart [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a link of the tourdefrance page.

Its about 7k people riding 230 km, the toughest stage of next years race three days before the pro's do it.

It will be brutal, no doubt about it.

Through the massif central from Limoges to St Flour I think, although I cant remember exactly, its stage 10-11 I think?

See you there?

Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds interesting, I'll have to see what my girlfriend thinks of one more race during our vacation... and think about my recuperation from IM. 1 week after is quite a short recovery time. Too bad it's not a classic like Alp d'Huez or Mont Ventoux.

we'll see.

Thank's for the info and the idea!

Richard

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Andrew,

I answered back to you already.

requirements: as richard said...just enter before the 7000th or be that one
cat: no cat required, no license required (but you may be asked to provide a "certificat medical d'aptitude a la pratique cyclist"...basically something that says you can ride bikes -without the little training wheels is a plus :-)) -)

brutal: yes! I know this area...this is a tough one...

people hammering: at the start, many will. some will be smart and will keep it for later. generally in these rides, there is a group of 50 to 100 or cat 1 and elites that go hard to break away from the main bunch and have their own race. then there are some slower bunches with some hot headed dudes behind that will hammer until the second pass and then blow up to pieces...

many will be smart and will go their own pace...some are doing it just for fun and will go slow...beware in the downhills is my advice...some will risk their lives (and yours with it!)
Quote Reply
Not a classic? well I will accept that in the "classic" [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sense that no, it is not.

However, given that it is the longest stage in the tour at 237km and that, to quote Velonews.........

"That will be stage 10, the longest of the race at 237 kilometers, between Limoges and St. Flour. On mostly narrow back roads, probably in heat-wave conditions, this marathon stage crosses nine difficult climbs in the Auvergne region, including the spectacular Puy Mary (5.5km at 8 percent) and Plomb du Cantal (8.2km at 6 percent) - which summits just 30km from the finish."

I think this stage has ASS Kicking and "Classic" written all over it but again we shall only be able to tell after every rider other than contenders have been shelled across it...........

That day could seperate the men from the boys I think............
Quote Reply