Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Shorts
Quote | Reply
Any recommendation on a good pair of shorts. It seems most have to thin of chamois. Any favorites??
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shorts [jsd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
De Soto Power Tri Short are simply the best I ever tried. I bought them for an IM and I had no shafting at all. Pure confort on the swim, bike and run. (http://www.desotosport.com/)

Richard

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reef make some nice ones

http://file:/...2QAF/279,1,Brazilian Rear Of The Year 2002

and I raised a few eyebrows when I wore these

http://www.fredericks.com/...p;product%5Fid=42518

at the UK Half Ironman.

Enjoy.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shorts [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2nd on the DeSoto. I race in the tri suit, and it is amazingly comfortable to ride in - much better than my biemme's. Go for the "Power" short apx $55.00. The entry level DeSoto seem to break down quickly - which is fine if you are wearing them, but disturbing if the hairy guy in front of you is wearing them...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can give you a good opinion on this, I've tried quite a few: Pearl Izumi's new tri short, Louis Garneau, Sugoi, Desoto, RNH, Cannondale, and a few others I can't recall. Here's my opnion:

1. The Cannondale tri short is very good for ultra-distance events since they are very "bike short" like. Not so hot for running though. These are a little more "bike short" than "running short".

2. The Sugoi "Technofine" fabric trishort is my vote for absolute best. They are hard to find since Sugoi didn't make too many as (I was told by our rep, Kara Fagnini) the Technofine fabric was difficult for Sugoi to come by. There are supposed to be more next year. The cut, fit and pad on these are absolutely excellent. I have ran 22 miles in the last two days in these shorts: Zero chafing, very comfortable, awesome fabric from 45 degrees to over 90 degrees. Great fit also (I have an ass like Oprah).

3. The new Pearl Izumi short is pretty darn good. Not the best, but good.

4. Based on what I have seen the new Orca high end tri short may also be a contender for "absolute best". I saw these recently at the Interbike trade show and was very impressed. They are expensive, and worth it based on what I've seen. I haven't worn them, but we bought some for the store so I will be trying them soon.

5. DeSoto: Not bad, but somewhat unremarkable. I don't care for longer (than 5" inseam, 3" is better) tri shorts. I like them shorter. The new DeSoto "low rise" tri shorts for women are interesting from a spectator standpoint. The right girl would be quite a treat in these.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shorts [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also like the DeSoto tri short. Partly because I like it, and partly because I won't shell out more than about $40 for a piece of clothing.

It still amazes me that I have less chafing after three hours riding in the DeSoto's than after three hours in my regular, top of the line Performance cycling shorts.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shorts [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sugoi!
Quote Reply