Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blade Vs. P3
Quote | Reply
I went to the bike shop today and rode the 04 Blade and the 04 P3, I was going to sell my P2K and buy a Blade. However after riding both bikes I found I liked the P3 better. I ended up buying the bike, I wont pick it up until the end of the week as they are ordering a FSA Compact for the bike, and Reynolds Aero Ouzo Pro forks. I read a post from awhile back that these froks did not work well with the P3? Does anyone have these forks on there Cervelo P3? Perhaps Gerald could give me some isight on this one. I am looking forward to this new setup with the FSA 50/34....

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!

You've got to give me more than 6 minutes to answer your e-mail before posting it here, especially on a Sunday evening! :-) Anyway, below is the same answer as was in my e-mail:

Just make sure it's a 43mm rake. They said at the Interbike show they will now offer the Ouzo Aero in 43mm (they didn't used to despite having that size on the website - that's where the confusion came from).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you think of the blade and how come you didn't like it??
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,
Thanks for the quick answer here and on the e-mail. My LBS said they had this fork in stock, I will talk with them in the moring and make sure if it is not a 43mm rake that they get the right one. Thanks for your help once again, I am lookinf forward to the P3......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Blade was nice and I did like it, however it did not match the ride quality of the Cervelo P3 in my opinion. I was prepared to buy it, but I felt more comfortable on the P3. If the Blade had been the same price of the P3, I would have still gone with the P3. I wanted to buy the best, and I felt like the P3 was just that...

Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gerard,

why exactly does it have to be a 43mm rake? my P2K came with a profile BDC 40mm, so i upgraded recently to a 40mm reynolds aero. i assumed that 40mm was the "correct" rake.

by the way, you think you can email me about my seatpost head?

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kim:

As for the rakes of the current model year, they are 43mm for the 700c and 40mm for the 650c. The BDC fork on the older model year P2Ks worked a bit differently, but for the Ouzo Aero we recommend people stick with the above rakes.

Regarding the seatpost head, I e-mailed you a week ago but in case you didn't get that here it goes again (may also be of interest to others): All small parts orders are not done through e-mail but through the online order sheet and there is always somebody in the office to handle those the same day they are received.

There is not much we can do with e-mails as they usually don't contain all the information needed, like addresses, exact order, etc. If people send in the online form it is 100% clear that we have all the information and can ship out within 24 hours if the parts are in stock without needing to contact the customer first to chase all the relevant info.

The order form can be found on the right hand side of the main page, under QUICK LINKS.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, I reccomend getting fit, then picking a bike that fits you based upon your fit specs. Test riding is the devil in this case and it gives you an improper idea of what a good bike is to feel like. Both are decent bikes, but the blade's quality is compromised when the size increases over 56cm. I would also reccomend a GURU, they are a great bike that offers good availibility and give alot of bike for the money, moreso then the aformentioned.
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [taskmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did get fit, and ride a 55cm depending on the bike. The seat height and bars and so on were adjusted to my specs. I took both bikes on a long ride, and in my book the P3 felt way better. I wanted a reason to buy the new Blade as I like the material it is made out of and the way it looks, however after riding the P3 I had to go this route. I would have gone with the P3 if it were the cost of the Blade and the Blade was the cost of the P3. The cost was not the issue, however the feel and the ride quality was. The new Blade is a very nice bike, but in my opinion the P3 is a better way to go.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like we both upgraded from a P2K to a P3!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [garthic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we both made a great move......

Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [taskmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is the Blade's quality compromised when the size increases over 56cm?
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [garthic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm potentially in the market for a p2k - 55 cm. do either of you have one in good condition that you want to sell? let me know at dhcrunner@hotmail.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Blade Vs. P3 [dhcrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did, how ever now the bike shop owns it. Sorry.... Good Luck..

Quote Reply