Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike possition....again
Quote | Reply
I live in a small country north of europe and there isnt any triathlon/TT bike fitting gurus close to me. Im reading , thinking & testing the possition by myself but Im not really happy with the fit. so please help me somone out there in the cyberspace who have good advice or idea how to improve my fit...

first picture is my roadbike , this is how I use to race early this summer. In june I got the P2K & this is how its look today. I will try to put some time during the winter to get the fit better.

hrrmm sh*t , cant post the picture.....have to put them on my homepage........back soon !!!
Quote Reply
Re: bike possition....again [rogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://hem.bredband.net/.../cykel_possition.htm

here is the pictures............
Quote Reply
to my eye... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your position is setup better than most people's setup. As for suggestions, the most obvious to my eye is your shoulder angle is much larger than 90 degrees.

following FIST, my thought is that you could probably:
1. move the seat almost as far forward as it will go
2. get a shorter, -17 degree stem, to achieve the 90 degree shoulder
3. go lower on the front if flexability allows by removing some spacers

wilson
Quote Reply
Re: to my eye... [wilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks , I can flip the seatpost around to get further forward, I also have some more cm left to move the handlebar down , Im a shortdistans racer so I put more prio to be aero and able to generate power insted of comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: to my eye... [rogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took me a while to realize that it is possible to be both aerodynamic, powerful and comfortable. On a P2K, I'd definately recommend putting the seatpost head forward & taking out the spacers under the stem. then take a picture and we'll have a look again. if you can, in the future, take a picture with your right foot on the bottom of the pedal stroke instead of the left.

This webpage has some great articles written by Dan E on fitting... with a little time and patience, fitting is almost as easy as 1-2-3.
Last edited by: wilson: Oct 26, 03 6:11
Quote Reply