Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spin Wheels
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Spin ever made any road wheels that were of the same 3-spoke design as their mtb wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Spin Wheels [asutriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't recall if they ever made a 700c wheel but i do know that they made a 650c wheel. GT stocked them on their tri bike a few years back which was called the Vengence.
Quote Reply
yep [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These wheels were great.... For BMX. Not a race wheel.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: yep [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary,

How does your set of wheels compare to the Specialized/HED 3 in terms of weight and durability? Have you raced them for a while, and overall, were you satisfied with them?
Quote Reply
Re: yep [asutriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those are not mine, they are on ebay
Quote Reply
Re: yep [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont own a pair, but this topic has been brought up before, and all the owners/users said they were crap. They lost their true, heavy, not as aero as the HED or Specialized trispoke. Again, this is second hand info but maybe it'll help.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They suck! They are very heavy! We had some in the shop for years. If you want some heavy, crappy training wheels, get them. If you can ride on them, you can ride on anything.

BTW, I love GT prducts, but these were some of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen.

Sorry for beating around the bush.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply