Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: DeBoom 's front brake [Willy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys

I am going to get a pair, as long as they stop me eventually I am happy!

AndyA
Quote Reply
Re: DeBoom 's front brake [Justin on LI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually saw Tim's bike at the shop on Pearl street in Boulder last month. The guy who worked on his bike (sorry did not get his name) said Tim rarely rides this bike and had not ridden the bike since IMH 2002. He had just put on the front aerobars and said they were exactly the same bars as Lance (in fact he said there were only 2 made, one for Tim and one for Lance). They were a combo of carbon and aluminum. The bars were carbon and the stem section is aluminum.

He said the fork was new, Tim did not like the carbon steerer he had last year. He also pointed out the front brake. It was some brand I had never heard of and Tim picked them up at a swap years ago. He went for light as he figures he wont be braking much in this race.

The guy also said on race day the shop sits around the computer praying nothing happens during the bike portion of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: DeBoom 's front brake [AndyA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy,

E-mail me off-line. As I said I have a pair in my garage that I will not use since my bike is set up with the up-swept bars. They only have 2 rides on them as I changed them rather than my bars. They are as new.

wjjg@juno.com

Willy

Willy in Pacifica
Quote Reply
Re: DeBoom 's front brake [Willy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R&A Cycles in Brooklyn has a crap load of those old Profile "bullet" levers. Problem is they are all priced at full retail ($70 or so) which is alot for a product that hasnt been around for several years. I actually had a pair as well on my bike when I used visiontechs, they didnt stop all to well but the did add to the cool factor.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply

Prev Next