Login required to post replies

What bike did ONCE use in TT
Quote | Reply
It's not the Giant Aero

which bike was it?
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They used custom frames. Giant doesn't appear to be planning to bring the frames to market.

BTW, that new T-mobile Giant is one homely looking bicycle frame.
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like these bikes came from a mold. One would think that Giant would want to make $$ if they invested in developing a mold since creating the mold is probably the most costly expense for the manufacturer. All I know is that bike was the sweetest bike in the tour and I will be first in line if they ever offer it to the masses. Just imagine that bike with the new Visiontech bars, Sweeeeeeet!

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I will be first in line if they ever offer it to the masses. "

Wrong. You'd be second in line. I'll be first!! Anyone want to buy a secondhand P2K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a pic posted somewhere of Telekom's new bike?
Last edited by: Jason: Oct 22, 03 11:19
Quote Reply
giant price [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I'd tend to guess you'll be shelling out a little more than a p2k ofr one of these. The Giant TCR 100 was worth well over 7000 in euro. (even more US) If the giant TT bike ever makes production it's gonna make the Madone look like chicken feed.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...bike/timetrial/giant

Here's the Giant TT bike from Le Tour.

www.cyclingnews.com has photos of the T-Mobile Giant

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: giant price [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman mentioned in his Interbike article that he feels Giant could only be a year away from offering some legit. tri/TT bikes that would compete directly with Cervelo, QR, Felt, etc. Lets hope he's right.
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I'm not a big fan of pink, I am not as offended by the color as I am by the pedestrian graphic design. For a company that produced some really oustanding bike looks for ONCE, Giant looks like they gave this project to a 3rd grader.
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if this is the exact same bike as the ONCE TT bike, but it's pretty damn close.

http://www.mdt-products.com/.../mdtcarbonframe.html

Scott in NZ
Quote Reply
I am with Scott NZ on this one [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would almost bet a stack of money that the bike in question is the MDT carbon TT frame, as they do offer a full aero seat pin. I have never taken as close of a look at it until cyclingnews.com had a pic. If it ain't an MDT, it's a Walser (like what Bianchi had under it's riders for the TT). I could be wrong.

Moulds are so hard to make perfect that if I were a manufacturer, I would offer everyone everywhere my creations from a perfectly created, straight mould. I can't keep my Campy Dleta cover moulds from breaking... ~:^(>
Quote Reply
Re: What bike did ONCE use in TT [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard the rumor that giant are releasing the carbon TT bike 2004
Quote Reply
Re: I am with Scott NZ on this one [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry bunnyman the giat TT bike that once used in the tour is a totally new bike... its defenetly not a walser or a MDT... it as a sloping toptube and a nose cone just like the old litespeed...

here is a closer look:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...d_carbon/JDgiantaero

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: I am with Scott NZ on this one [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what you guys are smoking. Sergio is right - the Once TT frames aren't even close to the Walser or MDT frames.
Quote Reply
Re: I am with Scott NZ on this one [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you make the tiop tube on the Isaac frame slope, it looks like the Giants ONCE used.

Just speculation.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: I am with Scott NZ on this one [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way. I've had a pretty close look at the bike (shown in one up close in one of the UK cycling mags). It is definitely a new bike.
The cable routing is different to the other bikes for a start.
The area at the base of the seatpin is different to the Bianchi/Walser (sp?)
The sloping top tube means it isn't an MDT frame.
And the head tube has an aero-shaped front (a la Trek TT), so it's not an Isaac.
Trust me, it's new. It won't be available next year. And it's a very very fast shape (particularly love the compact frame shape – tuck those knees nice and close!)

Stuff I like:
PBscience Triathlon Coaching and Lab Testing
Quote Reply
Re: I am with Scott NZ on this one [fade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how much the Issac-carbon costs? I don't think there are any dealers in the US for this bike. Not quite as sweet as the Giant but cool nonetheless. Also, I noticed on the Issac-carbon website the largest frame size is 56, not gonna work for a 6-4 dude like me.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply