Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What kind of water bottle is this?
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: What kind of water bottle is this? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Campagnolo used to made a water bottle similar to this one.... maybe its an old Campagnolo water bottle....maybe not.

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one exactly the same. Unfortunately it has no name brand written on it, just the name of a now defunct bicycle shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I don't know who makes it, but Barb Lindquist had the same bottle during LTF.

-gc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is the old Campy aero-bottle. (or a very, very close rip-off imitation) according to John Cobb, it is more aerodynamic than a standered bottle, just a little less conventional. (Of course he calimed it was more aero before he started claiming other bottle helped your speed, and has since confused even his closest followers.)
Quote Reply
Re: What kind of water bottle is this? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is a Campy Biodynamica aero water bottle, circa 1990's or late 80's. I have had several of these, in both standard and insulated versions. I sold them all because:

a. the way they are mounted in the cage is not very secure and the cage itself if not as aero as my Zipp cage

b. at around $50 a pop (today's ebay price for new version) dropping one in a TT would suck ... bad

c. standard bottle on my downtube fairs my seattube better, according to JC's latest tests, any I believe this because I can compare speeds

d. the bottle is not very good for drinking out of when you are 20 miles into a 40k tt, it sucks

e. the bottle is only marginally skinnier than a standard bottle
Quote Reply