Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with packing bike in case.
Quote | Reply
So I am packing for a race. This is my first race I am flying to. I have a Tri-All Velo case (the UPS compliant one). It seems like an awfully tight fight in the case with rims and everything. I am having seconds thoughts about going with my Zipp rims. Any suggestions on how to pack everything so it is safe or should I leave the Zipps at home and go with my training rims? Thanks for the help.

------------------------------------------------------------
"No one ever told me they made black fondant!" - Duff Goldman
Quote Reply
Re: Help with packing bike in case. [woofy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone posted this before, hopefully it helps.

www.phxn8tv.com/Triathlonbikebox.html

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheels are the trickiest part. But, they will fit safely. I personally use my bomb proof X-Aero Lites when I ship. I have know a few who have shipped their Zipps and had no problems... you just have to take a little time to figure out just where to place the wheels along the side of the box.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, take your Zipps. I can always get a deep rim front w/ a disc in the case. A couple of tips that may help. You can cut a piece of cardboard the right size to help slide the Zipps in and it provides extra protection too. Packing a bike, particularly in the UPS case (narrower than the velo safe shown in an earlier post) is a little like one of those funky wooden puzzles that when put together right makes a square - it is a bugger to figure out, but once you do it , it is easy the next time. Also, when all packed I put small pieces of Duck Tape over the locks and latches since these are the parts that stick out and seem to get hit.

Good Luck!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply