Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reid's Specialized
Quote | Reply
Is REid's bike really a Specialized, and if so is it a new frame? Or is it a just a well painted "non-Specialized" bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Reid's Specialized [richard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In his previous years with specialized he rode a stock frame unitl his last year or two. Then they made him a custom. I'd assume its custom, made by specialized or at least modelled after a specialized bike.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Reid's Specialized [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Shawn Skene
Quote Reply
you mean this one? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: TimeTrial.org: Oct 21, 03 20:04
Quote Reply
Re: Reid's Specialized [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure about this being custom? Looks fairly stock. Also looks quite shallow despite Slowman claiming that in his seat angle article that Reid rides 77/78.
Quote Reply
Re: you mean this one? [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that one EXCEPT Reid's headtube is about 2" shorter. Looks like a custom geometry to me.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Reid's Specialized [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stock S-works have sloping top tubes, and the seat extension isn't quite so high. The angles are difficult to guesstimate, but that is definitely a custom job. Pretty sweet, too.

I would also guess that it is actually made by Specialized, or at least with Specialized-supplied Columbus tubes. The tube profiles are quite similar.
Last edited by: jasonk: Oct 22, 03 5:47
Quote Reply
here's some information [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
What size frame was Reid riding? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. I have the same frame set up as a road bike. I'm 6 foot tall and I'm fit on a 56. I think these frames run just a little smaller, though not much. My guess is that Reid is riding a 58 or maybe bigger. I did note that on my frame, the head tube is not as long as the photo posted. It's tough to tell if this was custom or not.
Quote Reply
Re: What size frame was Reid riding? [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reid's bike is custom according to a representative from Specialized. It looks similar in lay-out to the old M4 that Specialized used to sell and Reid used to ride, but it is actually not that tubeset. This new tubeset has formed tubes (including the seattube) whereas the older Specialized used more intricate tubes and an actual "cutout" rather than a seattube that shapes around the rear wheel to becoming round. The geometry is custom.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: here's some information [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the link above on Reid's bike, is from his win in 2000.
Quote Reply