Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What Happened to DeBoom and Macka? [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Refer to the next thread about the new drafting rule. For those who did not see the video from Ironmanlive.com it was quite clear that the rule changed allowed for the group so stay much closer together. With Larsen sick and not mounting a 4:22 charge, I can easily see how Macca, Leder, Lieto, Helrigel, Zack and the lot (the helicopter shot I saw early on had no less than 20 guys all in a big zig zag) did not want to attempt to brigde the gap to the leader and try to put time on a group that collectively would come in comfortably in 4:35-4:40. Yeah sure they spread out some after the turnaround, but can you ever remember when no pro men recieved a drafting penalty and came in 15 strong to T2. It was a glorified longer verson of ITU race.

I'm a little surprised Macca cracked given he did not have to work as hard on the bike b/c if you told me it was going to be a footrace with all the players starting within 3 minutes of each other, he'd be at the top of my list to win. Refer back to Roth; that may have taken something out of Leder and Macca that stayed with them. I doubt Macca will put out that kind of effort again before Hawaii. For the nay sayers, just you wait. When it all comes together for him he will flirt with 8:00. It took Mark Allen 6 times before he started winning. Macca is just learning and it is unfortunate his comments are being read into b/c he's a hell of a guy and great for the sport. Change the rule back to 10 meters back and 3 to the side, give us a healthly Larsen that will go 4:20 and see what happens.

Congrat's to Reid/Bowden, DeBoom get well soon, Stadler thank you for manning up and trying to race it the way it is suppose to be raced even if it cost you the race.
Quote Reply
Re: What Happened to DeBoom and Macka? [Justin on LI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Justin. Finally, a voice of reason. How I was able to stick with this thread long enough to read your contribution, I'll never know. Now, if I just had that kind of endurance in a triathlon, I'd talk smack too. Er, I mean, I'd be confident too. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next