Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

austin bike fitting
Quote | Reply
Going to Austin for the ride for the roses this weekend and will be there will a new bike waiting for me.

Any advice on a good place/person for a fitting? I want a relaxed tri/road fit.

thanks
--zee
Quote Reply
Re: austin bike fitting [zee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never been to the store (I live in Dallas, not Austin), but you might try Austin Tri-Cyclist ($35.00/hr) for fitting.

They're at:

923 Barton Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
(512) 494-9252
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Zane Castro. He'll be in on Friday and Sunday, but not on Saturday if that's when you are getting into town. Other than Zane, maybe check out Seiji Ishii at www.coachseiji.com.

Email me for Zane's number. jbmarshtxathotmaildotcom.

If you are in town Saturday morning, the Austin Triathletes will be hosting a cruise around town. We'll hit some of the more popular Austin sites. Check the Events or Training tab on the Austintriathletes.org forum.

-Brandon

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zee,

Hope the weather holds out for you; this last weekend was unbelievably nice. Ok, for fits... depends on what you want or expect.

If you want a John Cobb type fit (detailed, compu-trainer wattage/spinscans, HRM, etc) then talk to Zane Castro. His website is here:
http://www.unmatchedperformance.com/home.html

I spent several sessions with him & it was worth every penny. He's Elite level coach trained, certified, etc., etc. Zane used to work at Austin Tricyclist until new ownership.

If you want a very skilled shop type fit, try Nelo @ Nelo's Pro Cycle (512.338.0505); Nelo has the best pro-cycle shop in Austin. Obviously, the level of detail is less than above, but nevertheless good (he does quite a few Cat 1/2 roadies & triathletes). Nelo is old-school style, so some find his fit European conservative (especially in road fits; although, that's not a bad thing -- comfort & injury free).

There are two other major shops in town: Austin Tricyclist (Cervelo, Felt, etc) & Bicycle Sport Shop (QR, Litespeed, Trek); I've never done any fitting at Bicycle Sport Shop - just bought my first road bike from them. They're a major RfR sponsor so will be very busy.

I've done some sampling at Austin Tricyclist; my experiences are mixed (hey we have this so it should work type attitude; although, rumormill says they're improving). Right now, if I had to purchase a bike from them (b/c of stock), then I would buy it, & then haul it to Nelo's, Zane's or Jamie Cleveland through Texas Iron program (texasiron.net) (although they're out of town).

John
Austin, TX
Quote Reply