Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

stupid wheel questions
Quote | Reply
looking for advice on used wheels

ZIPP 340s?

Can you change a Specialized Tri from freewheel to cassette? I know this can be done on a regular wheel. but I have no experience with carbon spoke wheels.

Spinergy four spoke ( I forget the name, sorry) - small fracture on one spoke - worth the hassle/can it be fixed?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: stupid wheel questions [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) nice wheels. Not too deep, can handle in anything (wind wise).

2) I don't know. I know that it can be changed from freewheel to track, but other than that, I am unsure. Some wheels have replaceable hubs (the whole body comes out), some don't. I know on the old Specialized, the axles were a big part of the versatility.

3) Due to the amount of Teflon-type material (which made the wheels unpaintable by outside concerns), I don't know if anything can be bonded together on the Spinergy Rev X wheels. Spinergy would replace (for crash repl. price) said Rev X wheels with others from their line instead of repair. I would not try to repair it yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: stupid wheel questions [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, I thought you might chime in. Based on your answer, are you saying that the Spinergy wheels are worth purchasing and then sending to Spinergy? You may be pleased to know that the ZIPPs are tubular, don't know about the others. In terms of aero, ZIPP or Carbon spoke?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: stupid wheel questions [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Spinergy four spoke ( I forget the name, sorry) - small fracture on one spoke - worth the hassle/can it be fixed? "

Get rid of it really fast or use it as a plant hanger in the garden. Just don't ever ride on it again. Here's why :

http://home.interlynx.net/~pjdu/
Quote Reply