Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice needed after pneumonia – cant get no speed….
Quote | Reply
Hi folks

I have been ok last 2 weeks, after treatment for pneumonia (lungs inflammation). I feel energetic and my workouts are ok. But I can’t get no speed. My friends laugh at me in the swimming pool, because I am so slow. And my son at 12 finds our running boring because I am so slow. Yesterday, I did my standard running test at 14 minutes 30, it is usually 12 sharp.

Anyone who’s had same experience? Do I need more treatment? Am I at risk of long term reduced capacity ? Any advice of what to do?

BR

Hårek Oslo, Norway, freezing cold….

HÃ¥rek
Quote Reply
Re: Advice needed after pneumonia – cant get no speed…. [stranheim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suggest you put in some long trainng sessions over the next two weeks. These sessions should be 10-12 hours long in the best case. It is hard to do workouts that long day after day, but that is the key. You need 10-12 hours a night of sleep. A week of that and you will be fine. These sessions work best with a training partner, definitely not your son.

Pneumonia recovery is very fast, but you need to get sleep. This is from a person who at the age of one was not supposed to survive the night, but who was playing in his room with 48 hours later as if nothing happened.

Your son will definitely find running with you to be boring, but that shouldn't happen for a year or two anyway.
Quote Reply