Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tyler's new bike
Quote | Reply
this is what he traded the 2.5 for ( and, uhhhhhhhhh, some coin, i guess).

http://www.speedgoat.com/PROD/images/phonak.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still has Zipp wheels and speedplay pedals!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well he is a professional athlete and being one he should say that the BMC is the best bike he as ridden....

Anyway, who said that the r2.5 is a best bike than the BMC....

wake up guys...cervelo is not the only good bike in the market!!!

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hard to tell anything about the bike with that paint-scheme. Too distracting... must... look at it... in... black and white...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]hard to tell anything about the bike with that paint-scheme. Too distracting... must... look at it... in... black and white...[/reply]

Check http://www.bmc-racing.com/bikes.cfm?lang=ger&catID=4&modID=23 for details about the bike.

It is a carbon bike (weight 7.1kg). I summer I saw one and it looks quite good.
BMC is a quite new Swiss manufaturer. But they have already a good reputation.

Christoph Mauch rides also BMC bikes.

Felix, Switzerland

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's going on there where the seat-stays meet the top and seat tube? Looks very flimsy where the top-tube and seat-stays attach, doesn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean Sergio, you're a Cervelo groupie yourself, you ride a P2K! ;-)

Good luck for IMFla, a top-10 placing is waiting for you!

Paulo

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the component sponsorship was with Tyler and not CSC, because other than the frame, all the components (Zipp, Speedplay, Easton, etc.) went with him to BMC.

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The situation is that the guy who owns BMC used to own Phonak and he is the driving force behind the team. So while he has no problem with Tyler taking Zipp, Speedplay and Easton to Phonak, there is no room for Cervelo - nor should there be given how much the guy has invested in this team. He is entitled the reap the benefits and BMC makes quite a nice bike. BTW, Speedplay and Zipp are also still with CSC.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this shows how unimportant--even at the very top of the sport--the bike itself is towards the rider's ultimate goals. If the Cervelo was really any better-faster-stronger than what he'll be riding next year, do you think he'd have made the decision to leave?

I, like everyone else here, love bikes and equipment. But when it really comes down to it, it doesn't mean much more than squat. If it did, every rider would be fighting to get on certain teams based on the equipment they use. I think it's safe to say that no pros have ever turned down a great contract because of the bikes they'll be riding. It's all in the engine.
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [2WheelsGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I am inclined to agree that folks who win would win on most any pro level bike, if it fit, I still have to remind you that riders often ride rebadged frames in their sponsor's color schemes and labels. Look no further than Tyler's Parlee in 2002. The official CSC bike was the Look Kg381. Of course it'll be hard to disguise riding anything other than the Phonak team bike.
Quote Reply
Re: tyler's new bike [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I still have to remind you that riders often ride rebadged frames in their sponsor's color schemes and labels.

True true. It actually happens quite often. Although I'd say the majority of the time it's because either the main sponsor doesn't make a particular type of product (Postal using rebadged Litespeeds for TT's when Trek didn't have one), or because a particular brand absolutely doesn't fit a rider. That can happen with frames, saddles, and especially shoes. It's never because a bottom bracket isn't stiff enough, or a helmet isn't ventilated enough, or a pair of glasses isn't optically clear enough, or a cassette has one less gear. That's just the stuff companies push to get us to buy their products.

It's kinda like the Shimano vs. Campy debate you see raging on this and many other forums. When it comes down to it, the guys who it should matter to the most (the pros) really couldn't care less. If Lance had been riding a Phonak bike, with Bolle glasses, Sidi shoes, Campy components, and a Limar helmet, he still would have won the last five Tours.
Quote Reply