Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Wheels
Quote | Reply
I have a kestrel KM40 with rolf vector comps. I was thinking about getting some HED 3's. ut my question is, Is it really worth getting them? am i gonna see a big improvement on my time with them? I average about 20-21 miles per hour. but i can't seem to get any faster. are the wheels gonna make the difference or do i just have to train harder and longer?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Wheels [JamesO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wheels will buy you a little speed and are fun to own. At 20-21m.p.h. average you would also benefit from Powercranks and/or a Computrainer. Gee, it's fun spending someone else's money! Seriously, those wheels are nice. You'll be a little faster.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JamesO, You don't say what distance you average 20-21mph for. If that's your IM speed, well then you're already doing ok on the bike and these wheels would be a good investment. If thats your 20k or 40k avg spd, then there is a lot of other things you should do to get faster. See Tom's post....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A disc is even faster due to physcis of rotation and aerodynamics. You should consider one. The disc gives you about 30 extra watts of power(easier to turn a disc), plus the aero advantage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H3's LIVE to be on this bike, because they make the bike look MUCH faster! Get 'em, you'll go faster because you'll be pushed to go faster! Seriously, I have H3's, I really do ride faster with them, there is some real time savings running these wheels compared to your Rolfs.

Better yet, get a Renn rear disc for less money than the H3 rear, and put the H3 on the front only...you'll end up with more speed, at less cost, than double H3's.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get'em. I jad a KM40 w/ Hed 3 but had to sell. just didn't fit me. I wish Kestrel made more than 2 sizes for this frame. Anyway, these wheels rock. I've used them in very windy conditions (Kona 2001) and was able to stay on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man. Having been racing almost exclusively IM, I have seen every configuration of bike and wheel known to mortal trigeeks. Couple of questions.
Wanna look good?
Wanna spend lots of money?
Wanna pr bike split?
Millions of questions surround bikes and wheels, In my opinion deep dish or trispoke front and disk rear is the way to go in the flat : Zip combo, Renn Combo, Mavic etc. But for hilly, I would do Kyriums, Rolfs, Spinergy etc.

The most important question for me is can you run all the way to the finish....go out to dinner....and do the fourth leg with your wife in the hotel room after.
Comfort in the saddle for me means comfort in the other saddle that night.
[quote]

Slow down or Go Around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike with Rolf Vector Pros and just bought Hed3's and a Renn Disc last year. I like all the wheels and think the 3's and the Renn are a little faster. If you do get them get the tubular versions! Oh yeah I really like the ride with the Tufo S3 Lites. I got 19's and but the general consensus on this forum is to go with a 21.
Last edited by: R Isgrigg: Jan 18, 03 16:48
Quote Reply