Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ironmanlive.com/ live video
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know how to get the live video to work at www.ironmanlive.com

I'm listening to the swim, but somehow it's just not as fun as watching it. Am I doing something wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Download Media Player 9.0

If that doesn't work you're prolly missing some codecs (althought I don't know which)
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I confirm WMP 9.0 works. I had no problems connecting.

This broadcast is MUCH better than last year. Last year the video was lousy, the audio was intermittent, and the connection kept dropping.

So far, with the exception of a couple of minutes of dead air on the audio, the coverage is TV broadcast quality.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OooooHHHH!!!

I just discovered the full screen button in the corner.

NICE!

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, thats much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody else's audio coming in and out? My video is very choppy also w/ stops and starts.
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, mine is very choppy as well... audio and video. I am on dial- up though, so that may be the problem.

It's still early, but it might be an interesting race....
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, mine's really choppy too, despite having a broadband connection. It is buffering every 2-3 seconds. Had one 10 minute stretch of uninterupted coverage though. Otherwise, quite frustrating.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is choppy too. Sounds like (from what I have heard) that everyone is sitting back and waiting for the run. Hope someone tries to breakaway to make it more interesting...

Where's Larson? Looks like he's flying (based on his time) but still not noteworthy I guess. Dick and Rick Hoyt story is incredible. Made me teary eyed just watching them.

-bz
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [teambz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Screw them, there is great coverage and all, but why do they have to boost the volume 500% when they put on a commerical? I was taking a lil nap by the computer with the volume turned to a minimium, and BAM I wake up to Toyota.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
actually, it seems like he is going slower than Norman Stadler...he lost 3 to him in the last segment only.

that said, the bike does not start before mile 85 or so.
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the best parts of last year's coverage on ironmanlive.com was the spotters' radio channel - anyone finding that? it looks as though it's not there this year.

Also, for the last long while (it's 14:08 pacific time right now) I've been getting no video at all - just the Ironman logo - is that the same for everyone else?

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just getting the logo too. Think the chopper must have gone to get re-fueled or the pilot and camera guy have run out of beer.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all i am getting is the logo too. I have tried to reconnect, etc and still I get the same thing. I think the wonder of technology is not working over there right now.

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Larson "quit"...bet he won't even go out on the run. He'll save it for Xterra. Too bad, could have shaken things up a bit. BUt looks like this could pan out to be a great race. Leder is 12 minutes down.

Not to mention, the brilliant womens race...hopefully the top 5 will be within 6 or so minutes...there are some FAST legs in the top 5. Natasha is going to have to PUSH.

-bz
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The video feed should start coming back as they get a bit closer to town. They often have problems getting good reception on certain parts of the Queen K. Least that's the excuse they use.

When it's on, it's pretty cool. At least I'm getting audio .....

Someone asked about getting it to show on a Mac .... I don't believe you can. The windows media player they are using is v.9 and it only goes up to v.7.1.3 on the Mac. Bummer because I could have been sitting at home watching it instead of here at work.

Oh, well, still pretty cool to watch (at times), listen and read it all live!

Dennis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good call on Larsen, bz.

Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Screw them, there is great coverage and all, but why do they have to boost the volume 500% when they put on a commerical? I was taking a lil nap by the computer with the volume turned to a minimium, and BAM I wake up to Toyota. Same thing happened to me; woke me right up. Damn, that was loud!
Quote Reply
Re: ironmanlive.com/ live video [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deboom just shreaded and is "out". Makes the thread about whether or not he's "great" even more relevant. The great ones find a way to finish, even on their worst days. I don't see how Reid can possibly lose now?! No one can run with him...not today at least.

Womens race looks good too. Still up for grabs
Quote Reply